1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GoFundMe "Ryan Anderson Buyout"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 9, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody. All the FAs in that period sucked big time and were overpaid. Morey would have been better keeping that space instead.

The point is everything the Rox could have done instead is spilled milk at this point, he is already here and being grossly overpaid so what is the point of what ifs?

However moving forward the Rox need to get rid of him if they want to compete with teams like GSW. 18M and shooting 20% while being a liability at everything else, thats just a waste of a roster spot and capspace. I would actually be ok with moving Gordon if it would mean a team like Sixers would take Anderson away and give us cap relief. It sucks to lose Gordon but at this point Anderson is so toxic he will be hard to kove without major assets.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Horford & Bazemore were Plan A, IIRC. Instead got Gordon & Anderson.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

There is no point to a buy out because his cap figure will stay. You will jist he paying him to leave the but the salary will still be there.

What the gofundme can do is pay Anderson to retire in order to wipe his salary off the books. With his play it is unlikely Anderson will get even half of his current deal when it expires.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Can anyone explain to me why we paid him $20mil when many had said he only deserved around $14mil before the Rockets gave him that deal?

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If he is bought out or stretched, the cap amount doesn't go against the team, but still goes against their pockets.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Or Joakim Noah. Or Even Turner. Or ... ok somewhere around here it gets hard to find somebody worse.

roslolian and Remlap like this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm okay with that.
    Wouldn't mind Horford, but glad we didn't go all out for Bazemore. UGH

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Got into a bidding war with Sacramento!

roslolian, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

How the hell will a gofundme wipe his salary off the books? We still have to pay him...if we cut him, against our books. If we buy him out, apparently against our books(not sure about this one), all it does is subsidize the salary.

I also thought a buyout is one time price for the remainder of his contract. I didn't know it was all posted against the cap. I don't think that was the case in Stevie Franchise's $30 million buyout.

SIL

ElDobleK and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

Because DM had a crush on him for years. Even said so.
    Had been coveting that guy for some time. Threw big $$ at him to lure him away from NO.
    But if I"m making $20 Mil/year I'm not sure I could stay focused on basketball for long either. LOL

roslolian likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure you're not the only one ;)

roslolian likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yup. Which what Ainge did with Amir Johnson for example, big one year deal to help the team for one season (and still be able to move for a big contract if there's a chance). But i'm pretty sure Morey knows this better than me so...here's where i think Les came into play unfortunately...especially after we signed MDA i knew the Anderson talk was definitely real.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Kent Bazemore.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

99 percent of NBA players are overpaid..............get over it

15. Nook

Nook Member

Les Alexander was spending that money, and Morey could spend it or he could go find another job. Les also choose McHale and D’Antoni later.

DreamShook and Vivi like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he chose the Hawks and he wasn't that good last season

17. Nook

Nook Member

Sigh.... because Sacramento was willing to pay him over 20 million a year and Les wanted the money spent and had a list of players he wanted.

Bazemore isn’t all that good. Defense was his calling card and it is mediocre now.

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

You mean you'd like a break if you just got married too...

Unless it's your boss you're screwing in bed, you're not gonna catch much of a friggin break.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Maybe he could fake his death and live out his days in the Caymans

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

we really didn’t have good options that summer...I would be hating the Bazemore contract too, and I didn’t want Horford here on a max at all

that was our plan A

a lot of bad deals were handed out that summer...the salary cap hasn’t increased like teams thought it would back then