1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GM wants Teddy, HC wants Clowney, Owner wants Manziel?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This is exactly why Rick Smith's ass should have been gone last year too. They should have hired a real GM and let him hire a coach to execute his philosophy.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, we know that Rick Smith wanted Wisenhunt for head coach and McNair wanted BOB, so we know who wins in owner vs GM.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. The same way you are discounting the two seasons before.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. Bigtexxx lights the building on fire and screams, "Don't play with fire!" when people respond to the fact that the building is burning down all around them.

1 person likes this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Bull! we all know McNair wants Clowney not JFF!

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Doubt it is credible, but a disconnect in the FO at the start of a new regime would be terribly disappointing.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Rofl.

[​IMG]

8. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Disagreement with picks is obviously nothing new, and neither is not tipping your hand. Texans are still open to trading the pick is all that I can gleam from this.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

when in doubt, you simply toss the race card. Have you not been paying attention AT ALL? I want CLOWNEY. He's BLACK!!! take your crap to the D&D and leave it there.

and I'd even consider Ted with the second round pick, although I doubt BO'B would even want him there

10. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Texxx go home your drunk

BOB would probably even trade up to get TB

Bridgewater is not no falling that far if at all

Everyone is on to your schtick

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It's down to Manziel or Clowny unless the Texans can find a trade partner which is really unlikely given the Texans hold the number one spot.

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

When you say "slated to win the Superbowl" I assume you mean some people incorrectly thought they were contenders, but every time they played a real contender they got blown out.

The Texans had 2 good seasons when the AFC south was one of the weakest divisions in the league, but they never even made it to the AFC championship game. Their cap is a mess, Smith has more misses than hits on his draft resume, and this off season hasn't exactly been impressive to this point. What has he done to warrant keeping his job? Kubiak led a team "slated to win the Superbowl" too and he is gone. In hindsight they weren't ever close to being Super Bowl winners. The team is going to be entering their most important draft since picking David Carr with a GM who has given us very little reason to have confidence in his ability to get it right.

Any time you look to replace any coach or GM you have to ask yourself is there someone who could have done better in the same situation, and with Smith I feel pretty confident in saying the answer is yes.

I hope he gets it right this time, but there isn't much cause for optimism based on his track record. And when I say "get it right", I don't just mean getting the first round pick, we need the 2nd and 3rd and so on to be big contributors when your team only wins 2 games the year before.

13. Summer Song Giver

1. Trust O'brien
    2. Throw all the names in a hat

3. Trust UncleBob

4.Trust Rick Smith

Second thought, scratch those last two, they shouldn't be options.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

After the TJ Yates playoff season, the general consensus among fans and experts around the league was that the Texans are the favorites to represent the AFC in the SuperBowl.

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No one cares....

I got a 630 on the SAT that didn't stop me from selling insurance...

16. Raven

Raven Member

Pretty my how I feel.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

And they were proven wrong, and didn't even make it to the AFC championship, finishing the season losing 3 out of 4 in the regular season and getting blown out by New England in the play offs, which was a sign of things to come. The record was great that year, but it's not like they barely lost the games they were defeated in.

In hindsight they were over rated.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

actually there are a bunch of other people who don't want Bridgewater. None of those people are called racist. So you are wrong.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Hmm just realized that if Bridgewater was ever caught smoking pot his nickname would be Bongwater. I hope we draft him and this happens. Continue on...

2 people like this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Probably the best comment on this thread.