1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glen Earl and Demarcus Faggins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Miguel, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Hrm...could they see some playing time this week? Matt Jackson was talking about it just a minute ago on Sportsradio 610. Robinson and Brown got beaten on a few plays here and there. I don't think Earl and Faggins will get too much time, but I'd like to see what they have to offer.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Earl out there but putting Robinson on the bench might send a bad message.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Earl worked with the first team defemse today, ahead of Eric Brown.

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Yeah, this is what I was refering to. Faggins also spent some time on the first team today. At least from what i heard on SR610

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hmmmm...the earl replacing brown thing is intriguing.

but i think it would be a huge mistake to put robinson on the bench because of some rookie mistakes last week. he's your first round pick, and you need to be patient with him. he showed me enough in the preseason to convince me he can be a really good, if not great, cover corner.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not starting him doesn't mean the team is necessarily giving up on him. Lots of teams don't start their first round rookies. It may just take him a little while longer before he is ready to go up against the other team's starters.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

One game does not a season make. It would be bad to bench Robinson. Brown should get the start. However, we'll know early if he should remain in the game when the Lions are forcing the ball in to Stephen Alexander. If he can stop the TE this week, then he deserves to stay in. I'm not sure that starting 3 rookies is such a great idea anyway.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree..but this guy was dubbed the starter from the moment he was drafted. we moved a legit corner to a safety position to make room for him. given all that, i think it would be a big mistake to bench him for faggins.

having said that, i really like faggins as a nickelback.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Capers won't hesitate to change the lineup when he senses a decline.

Dunta will start all year. They have already made it perfectly clear that he is work in progress. That's not to say that he won't get yanked during the game, if falls on his face again.

10. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

It might be really scary if Rogers were playing...

poor guy (not that he's poor, but misfortunate).