1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glad to see Lowry finish the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smallpotato, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Brooks did a fine job defensively on cp3 tonight. Paul hit some tough shots in the 4th quarter while against Lowry. He hit some tough shots against Brooks as well. He got open looks and hit some and missed some against both guards as well.

I love how Lowry finishing this game with so many other factors(Wafer finishing, Landry finishing) was the single factor vs Brooks finishing the game.

Who knows, maybe the Rockets get to 100 because the defense has to rotate to the PG since Brooks is a better shooter? Maybe its because Yao wasnt in there. Perhaps it is because Artest was driving more this game.

Too many variables to triumphantly proclaim that Lowry is so much better at finishing the game. This is not the first game that he was on the floor at the end for.

2. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

In all fairness, Brooks did a bit better job dishing tonight.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I would attribute Brooks lower assist numbers(relative) to the bad shooting nights of Artest and Battier.

4. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I think Lowry is the perfect fit for this team to finish games.

He plays tough defense, finds the open man, penetrates, and has the ability to draw fouls. IMO, this is the PG we need in close games.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I just hope Lowry takes all this in and really busts his but this offseason to work on his shooting. He could become a starting PG the rest of his career if he can improve to become just a little better long distance shooter. He really has some nice skills and with a lot of work on his offense and steady improvement on defense, he could be a very solid Rondo type of point guard.

6. jfbradley1985

jfbradley1985 Member

Wow. This is the best post on this entire biased forum. No wonder nobody has replied with it.

They both had a good game on their own and both have good qualities, if we win we still complain.... jeez that's why its so hard to read in this place. If you all want to complain go to the peonix suns forums, now they have something to complain about......

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

agree.

myself, i look at the
    AB/Lowry line and the SColandry line.
    two solid players.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What game were you guys watching that think that Brooks did a good job defensively on CP3? My God, CP3 was doing whatever he wanted out there. Re-watch the game. It turned when Brooks went to the bench and Lowry started bodying up on CP3. Re-watch the game and see who was in the game when CP3 was doing all that scoring and who was in the game when he started wiffing shots. Lowry took him out of his game.

I don't know if this is going to be the way it is every night. You know, 6 for 8 sure looks pretty good to me after so many 3 for 14s with Rafer. I like that. But we were giving it all back on the other end and then our starters offensively got bogged down. Lowry came in and CP3 was much less effective. Lowry is the superior defender and a very good facilitator.

9. -.Y.-

-.Y.- Member

Yeah, the key is that Lowry makes teamates better.
    AB takes a lot of touches out of his teamates, but doesn't score efficiently.

10. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

AB always starts because he is adopted son of RA, joked by some fans in China :D

11. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Lowry deserves more minutes.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Brooks did fine offensively. (I don't think he will ever be a good defender.) But I feel much safer with Lowry when the game is on the line.

Brooks is a cold blooded shooter. But he is not poise running the offense in crunch time.

13. blender

blender Member

Reading the posts on this BBS, it seems a ton of Chinese posters are seriously pissed at Brooks for the Spurs game.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So because he is a point guard and a very good shooter, he shot refuse to take shots?

15. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Not only Chinese fans pissed at AB,but all the Rox fans

16. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

not only that game :(

17. blender

blender Member

Sorry, but not all Rox fans feel the same way you do. I personally love what Brooks has been bringing to this team.

Both he and Lowry are works in progress, and I'm enjoying watching both develop.

18. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

Yao was out last night,so Lowry got the oppotunity to finish the game.But I think with Yao on the floor,you need all the shooters you can get to play with him, so AB should be your pg to finish the game.