1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving thanks for Trig

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 27, 2009.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What a joke. If you ever want to be taken seriously on this board, or even in life, you better learn to back up these ridiculous and vile claims with evidence.

2. Landlord Landry

I am one of the biggest pro-life honks out there, I give money and donate time to prolife causes when I am able to, and I agree with you that there are some women who are probably not happy with Palin about her pro-life stance.

but to say that people "hate" her because she brought her downs baby to term is beyond audacious. It's devestating to the pro-life campaign. There are not tens of millions of people who share that view, no way that many people are that dumb.

I appreciate the passion, but seriously dude, use some common sense or just don't ever say anything ever again, you do more harm than good for the pro-life campaign.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I will say what I want to, and if you have a problem with that, I do not care.

As to these comments being "devastating" to the pro-life campaign, you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Sarah Palin is a walking affront to the advocates of easy access to abortions in this country. She is a model of pro-life motherhood, and she is a leader by example on this issue who is currently without peer in this country. Every time she is brought up in conversation, or a picture of her is shown, especially with her son Trig, the whole pro-life message is effectively transmitted afresh. And there is nothing the advocates of easy abortions can effectively say in response. She is just being a mom to her son. What can they say about that?

All that her enemies on the left can do is engage in the politics of personal destruction and try to discredit her. And clearly they have been all about that. The attacks on this woman and her family have been almost relentless, and more hateful than anything I have seen directed towards any political figure in my lifetime, bar none.

Of course, some on the left continue to try and suggest that the animosity towards her is driven in part by her having flubbed a few of questions in a couple of early interviews with Katie Couric and Charles Gibson. This might just be the thinnest line of BS I have ever encountered, and I do not think anyone with an ounce of sense actually believes this.

You can say what you want to, but this is clearly one of the factors that contribute to the hatred that many people on the left display towards Sarah Palin.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if all this 'people hate sarah palin b/c she didnt abort her downs syndrome baby' talk was so prevalent than wouldnt it have been easier to provide one simple link proving it than to type out a whole paragraph explaining why you dont feel the need to provide proof to back up your claim?

link?

your credibility is on the line here 'mojoman'.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

[​IMG]

Please keep posting so I can continue to get a sense of the pulse of Palin-worshippers. (I'm sorry, but your choice of words leads me to say that). People like you are worse than the most airey-headed Obama-lovers ever were. I wish I understood the troubling instinct to almost deify political figures.

I say this in all seriousness: Each and every person I know that was intrigued by Palin when McCain first chose her now thinks she is a complete fool.

1 person likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the standards are so low

she had a baby, she's a pro life leader and qualified to be president, come on man

1 person likes this.
  7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Those of us on the left have plenty of problems with Palin. This isn't one of them.

If you seriously believe it is, you are an idiot.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Again with the name calling. Is there anyone on this board who engages in name calling more frequently than you? Maybe there is, but you have to be in the top 10.

9. adoo

adoo Member

John McCain , not to mention his strident daughter Meghan, now thinks she is a complete liar / fool.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You might be right. Doesn't make him wrong, though.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It cost him the presidency IMO. What a mistake. And this never-ending sideshow/money-grab will cost his party for who knows how long.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

no way. He was behind in the polls before he took her on. He was going to lose anyways.

#92 Bandwagoner, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  13. Granville

Granville Member

You don't know how sad it is that you actually think you're being clever.
    You and Sam can give each other a rep-a-round and laugh and giggle like a couple of schoolgirls all you want.

Tell you what funny boy, go over to a Special Olympics Event and use that term to some of the parents there.... It's unfortunate that you are allowed to feel comfortable spouting that garbage here.... I'm sure your hero Sam is proud that you are following his lead and is repping you as we speak.

14. Bandwagoner

[​IMG]

15. Granville

Granville Member

I don't feel that Basso is using a special needs child for that purpose. That's your twisted logic.

The sad thing here isthat you agree that the posters I mentioned went over the line and haven't utter a word about it. You somehow think its fair game in your mind to call Palin a derogatory name as well as her child.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

is there anyone on this board who engages in making idiotic claims and refusing to back them up more frequently than you?

17. adoo

adoo Member

agree that McCain was gonna lose anyway.

but Picking a running mate is one of the most important decision that a President can make. the selection of Palin, whose qualifications McCain hardly knows nor do any of his top advisors, cemented the fact that McCain was not ready to make presidential decisions.

coupled with his previous involvedment with the Keatings 5 (bankrupcy of the S&L industry) scandal, the Palin selection lends credence to the fact that McCain is too erratic to be President.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Bandwagoner

he will never run again so it doesn't matter, but it was a grasp at strws move that worked for a while. He got a huge bump. If he knew he would lose, why not try it?

20. Granville

Granville Member

It's nice of you to rock the official Fisher's Flock hairdoo for all to see. I'm sure Sammy will give you some of those precioooouuuusssss rep points. The follow the herd mentality on this forum is hysterical.