1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving thanks for Trig

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 27, 2009.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm not passing any judgment on him - I'm just asking that he back up the judgment that he passed when he started this stupid excuse for a thread, or actually any of his hundreds of trolling threads/posts on this subject.

Look - I am happy to be the bad guy in this morality play that the OP is staging. I just want the good guy to prove his moral superiority somewhere other than "the anonymity of the internet" as you put it.

I love basso, I want to meet him someday. He's up the street somewhere.

2. Granville

Granville Member

You're the bad guy because you chose to be. You said something incredibly stupid and don't possess the decency to just apologize. This is a weak excuse to use that term and tell him how to raise his special needs kid.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Considering between 80 - 90% of parents with Down's Syndrome pregnancies abort their babies, it's hardly a leftist paradigm. But, since facts are just plain boring, I'll rebut that conservatives don't believe in birth control, which means they're probably responsible for most of those abortions, if not all.

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

Why would I apologize for doing exactly what he wanted? I got positive rep points for that post - I bet basso left them for me.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Rep points? What are you, 12? Do you really think that gives you a license to be an ass.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Your defense is that you got baited in to saying an incredibly tasteless and stupid statement. Wow...

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Also in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for uptight noobs.

[​IMG]

8. Granville

Granville Member

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was always the guy who booed the Iron Shiek, yes.

10. Landlord Landry

welcome to the D&D circle of life.

basso creates thread.

people post complaints about basso and the threads he starts.

basso creates another thread, same people make the same complaints and claim that he is a troll and just looking for attention, yet those same people give basso all the attention in the world.

basso creates another thread.

same people. same complaints. same exact result, every single basso thread.

this goes on....mmmm several times a day, everyday.

welcome aboard dude!

11. Granville

Granville Member

That rehash of a lame analysis may garner you some of the cherished but not so hard to come by rep points..... :rolleyes:

12. Granville

Granville Member

Thanks. I was just surprised that these type remarks toward the mentally challenged community are allowed on this board.

13. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Half of this board is the "mentally challenged community".

1 person likes this.
  14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Here is something for you to ponder.

It is just as offensive and disgusting to use a special needs child to further the childish game of political points and mudslinging - particularly on an Internet messageboard, which is a whole other level of pathetic - as it is to use these offensive words you are ranting about.

In fact, some would say, moreso.

And yet, you don't seem to mind that at all.

I wonder why that is.

Best post in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I've always thought that the heart of the resentment towards Sarah Palin is that it was insulting of the GOP to nominate someone so mediocre as the VP of USA during such a turbulent time in our history.

Seriously MojoMan, you have some effed up blinders on. What planet are you from?

1 person likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Attention SamFisher-

Thank you for the phrase "tard-baiting" I am going to figure out how to encorporate it into everday speech.

17. aghast

aghast Member

And why have we, as a nation, become so cowardly that we no longer continue to boo the Iron Sheik?

When good patriots like Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter are reduced to calling Clippers games...

[​IMG]

Clippers games? Sure, they do pick up a few extra bucks evicting Sterling's black and Latino tenants on the side, but oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Why is it no longer fashionable to stand up to fascism in the streets?

Every time I see this:

[​IMG]

I think of Martin Sheen in the Dead Zone, holding up a baby to shield himself from [in his case literal, rather than political] danger.

[​IMG]

To me, it sure seems she uses her son as a political prop, to deflect legitimate questions of governance (you know, from back when she actually governed).

"No Future for Palin?"

1 person likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I have said most of what I wanted to say about this. It is not something that needs to be "proven" in this case. It is my opinion, which happens to be shared by tens of millions of other Americans. People across this country have been able to see how the left and the MSM has treated Sarah Palin over the last year and a half. They have also had the opportunity to consider how liberals regard Sarah Palin's decision to give birth to her son and how much that has contributed to their hostile and hateful treatment of her. The truth is readily apparent for all to see.

You clearly do not appreciate me stating these observations openly, obviously because it portrays many on the left in such an unflattering light. The truth hurts sometimes. The hatred that you guys have demonstrated towards Sarah Palin and her family has been very ugly to say the least. Her principled, tested, pro-life stance is just one of the elements that motivate that hatred.

[​IMG]

19. SamFisher

I wonder if Palin has been getting tips from Carrot Top. Got to sell those books.

20. Yak

Yak Member

I wish I could support all of my claims with "I don't need hard evidence, I JUST KNOW SO."

1 person likes this.