1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving Danuel House some love thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2019.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Yeah, EG outplayed Klay in the Playoffs. If we have that EG soon, we should be considered a legit contender. Until that happens, I see a lot of flaws.

jcmoon and HewbieTrippin like this.
  2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I'm a fan of this thread. Though, I'm still a little bitter at last season's ownership/management/coaching moves. Still.

So many factors resulted in us being #4 seed and having to face the warriors in the second round with a healthy KD. Not figuring out house's contract during the middle of last season was one of the many that didn't help last season's depleted roster.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Oh well... look at the bright side, we probably wouldn't have him on this bargain deal if we didn't play hard ball....

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like I said we already got EG and House playing the 3 which long 3 do you think is better at SF than those guys which Morey can get? Be able to switch on D, defend multiple spots and still be ok at 3 ok those guys come at a premium which is why unless you trade EG away that guy isn't coming to Houston.

For PF you already got PJ Tucker who does everything you want to do at that spot except he is undersized. Again, which PF do you think Morey can get who is better than him?

I dunno what running has to do with Brook Lopez offense has never been Rox's problems, it is defense and rebounding. When Bucks slow it down and play half court then Rox's advantage in speed is negated instead their lack of rebounding and defense is exposed.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

6. Nook

Nook Member

Defensively and physically he is close to perfect. Offensively he is close to a zero. However I have a real suspicion that his team hasn’t really helped him much in developing a shot.

The Rockets has interest in him when he entered the draft and had some level of interest in him a few years ago.

With our style of play, we can likely afford to eat his bad offense for his size and defensive ability. So I would be fairly excited to add him.

Deuce and roslolian like this.
  7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

House can create his own shot, it remains to be seen whether Eric Gordon can.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More than that, give him a permanent starting gig..... ;)

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Give this man more shots, how hard is it?!! Incompetent coach, guards or both?

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think he needs more shots too. He's currently taking 8.7 shots a game and close to 6 3's. I would like to see him bump that up to 12 fga's with closer to 8 3 point attempts.

The previous 3 seasons EG has attempted closer to 14 fga's and exactly 8.8 3 point shots. If House has truly become our best or most consistent shooter, then yes, give this man a few more shots. If he can maintain and stay over 40% from 3 for the season i don't see why not.

I don't think it's incompetence by MDA. I just think it's taking a while for MDA to gain full trust in him. I would like to see him with the same green light that EG has. MDA is playing him over 31 minutes per game this year so he will have the opportunity to take more shots if the offense will allow it. Our guards seem to like feeding him too.

He has quietly become our best 2 way(3&D) player as well.

D-rock, Houstunna and roslolian like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys, am I insane to think that Danuel House has a trajectory to being a Robert Covington type player?

D-rock, RichieBanks and Vivi like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Any news on the ankle?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

What would it cost to aquire him?

He is losing minutes on a middle of road eastern team like Hornets because he has no shooting range. MKG offense has improved but toward end of last season he was seeing most of his time as a pseudo 5. MKG is proven lock down defender and has better wingspan than Clark (7-0 vs. 6-10) but he is also just 6'6 in bare feet.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Covington's defense and length are elite so that is hoping for a lot.

Better question is can he be a top defender, talked up for all defensive teams, this season?

Otherwise I would package him and FRP for Covington right now.

jcmoon likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes. We good.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and Vivi like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure they would move him for anything at this point, even a bad 2nd rounder or a g-league player since he's not even getting minutes there.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the idea is the Hornets could buy-out MKG since he is getting no minutes and is in the last year of his contract.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Danuel House was one of the Top Prospects in High School. Mike DAntoni System does revive younger players careers.
    Danuel House, Austin Rivers bounced around team to team until the Daryl gave them a chance.

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Having the top defensive rating on the rockets isn't saying much....he does try though but gets burned on the perimeter by quicker players

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great story, amazing how House was able to redeem himself.

Would love to see what Josh Jackson could do in MDA system. 6'8 rim protecting hard nosed perimeter defender who can also create for himself. Excellent running court. Needs to improve 3 point shot but more importantly his off court issues.