1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the team time and give yourself time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dude. I am dedicated to taking down the 2012'ers (a few exceptions, torocan, roxxy and some others that I have great respect for). Your grin is not a problem for me, but why you felt compelled to foster good will after a concise evaluation is a problem for me. Get some confidence dude! No apologies!

2. AbrahamLincoln

One more positive would be Morris. He has really developed. He rebounds well and gets out quick on the fastbreak and has decent handles. He just needs to work on his shot and making it more consistent. I loved it when he tried to throw that dunk down late in the game tonight. He should have had it, he got way up there. I think the coaching staff has done a great job developing players and it gives me some peace of mind when I think about the possibilities and upside that Machado,Dmo, and Jones will bring to the team.

3. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

This team is going to be a true threat in about 2 years. Just some more time for the guys to develop individually and as a team. And a few more good acquisitions and this team can make some noise in the playoffs.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

While the Rockets is exciting to watch, and the Rockets fan in Houston is a different story.

What's up with all those empty seat? I'm living in SF Peninsula, have witnessed the Warriors beyond bad for the past 20 years, but the fans always fill the stadium.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

The only sport Houstonians care about even when their team is losing is football. It's a football city. Just have to get used to the fact that people are only going to be interested in the Rockets when they're actually fielding a strong, contending team. People don't care to watch .500 ball and they especially don't care to watch losing ball, as the Astros have demonstrated.

Doesn't help that nobody can watch the Rockets on TV this season except Comcast subscribers.

The good news is, real_egal is 100% correct. This team is on the right track and if things keep up this way it seems very likely they'll be a playoff team next season, or the one after that the latest.

Add in cap space and assets, and they even could be a title contender in the next few years. THAT will bring people out to Toyota Center for sure.

6. dayanm

dayanm Member

I am wondering if they can move a team to Singapore, the stadium would be filled every night even at 300bucks a seat.

7. just a word

just a word Member

And given the youth of this team, it's hard not to see them being a consistent playoff team for years to come, once they get it together.:grin:

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

Excellent thread!

I think someone once had said offense is about talent, and defense is about discipline. Hence we can see that we really do have a talented team, just needs more teaching and disciplining.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Good post -props to the OP!

unfortunately, your words will more than likely be lost on those whom should heed them the most....

10. G.Jones

G.Jones New Member

It is a good post. the more fans read it,the more smart can they get.

11. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Smilies are supposed to help to give emphasis on a word or sentence.
    So why are you think I had no confidence when I said it.
    Just let it go, bro

I don't want people to start thinking I'm trying to deface this good thread.;)

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Oh, I'm absolutely basking in this season, especially given our lack of upside in past two years. Right now I'm only thinking upside. Harden becoming the best SG in the NBA as Kobe/Wade ages. That Lin can find his jumper and be 80%-Linsanity on a consistent basis. Morris becoming a 6th man scoring stud, Parsons becoming a star in the Odom/Marion type of mold, and playing well enough to attract another star to come here. That Asik will shut down the paint for years to come.

I know logically, there's no way all the best case scenario happens. Not every youngster will develop, or develop as much as I want them to. There will be injury issues with some, like with Patterson right now. And overall the future can fail like Portland or succeed like Memphis. But right now, I can at least consider the possibility of a bright future.

13. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Good post, this Rockets team is young and has potential. So much potential that it would be really bad to tank. Much better than a team treading water and much better than a team like the Knicks in an all in situation (because they will win jack).

14. highlander3128

This is the kind of post we need in GARM. Repped.

15. just a word

just a word Member

Something else that seems promising about this young team, imo, is that there's no locker room drama insofar as I can see (with the exception of White, who actually isn't even physically in the locker room).

Parsons is everyone's bro, Harden and Lin seemed at ease and laughing together at the ESPN 'how well do you know your teammate' photoshoot thing, everyone gets excited when someone breaks out from the bench (see: Morris or Greg Smith), Toney and Jeremy never seem to have any drama despite what fans are writing about minutes stealing, and all the guys drift into a huddle without much prompting (a few times, across a couple games, I saw the refs having to poke apart the huddle right before a the opposing team's free throw).

Greg Smith even talked about, post-Knicks game, how he wanted to come out with energy, get the win for Jeremy and Toney; I wouldn't be surprised if they get wins next time they see the Bulls and OKC, for Omer and James. Granted they got Omer one already, and that OKC game was pretty much a wash from the get-go considering that Sampson flat out said they were just gonna play it by ear (ie. no game plan).

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-.500 record around Christmas
    -2 Starters in running for ASG
    -Nice surprise 2nd year Center
    -Finally a 7 foot stellar defensive Center
    -Great feel good wins vs. title contenders
    -Good health(knock on wood)

but, but, but.........

-WHY MCHALE NO PLAY MY ROOKIES

All things considered, so far this season is turning out to be close to best case scenario. Yes, we all would love to see more of the rookies, but many, many of the above positives that have happend this season probably would not have happened with extended play from the rookies so take that into consideration.

17. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Great post. Yep everyone's got to improve. But seriously this team is SOOO young but have got such great team chemistry off the court, such a supportive atmosphere and man if this team continues to develop TOGETHER and with the right system. The sky's the limit.

18. Lactose

Lactose Member

Would Smith be great as a starting 4?

I'm really impressed with Smith's overall efficiency and play. He seems like he would be better at pnr with Lin. Based on some of the plays with Harden, Asik seems to be better pnr with Harden (totally based on eye data hah).

Asik and Smith for rebounding and defense... The potential is exciting!

Would Smith be great at the 4 spot with Asik?

19. Lactose

Lactose Member

Argh. Wanted new thread but I'm a noob. Oh well. Sorry.

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I think its just awesome with everything going on with the Rockets, that its looking like everyone on the team is genuinely cool with each other and there isn't any kind of stupid drama in the locker room. That goes a long way into the development of players, especially when everyone is young and working on improving.