1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the credit where it is due--about Yao and Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 22, 2007.

1. YaoMac111

YaoMac111 Member

Yao has been solid like a Rock. If T-Mac can be like a rock too, we'll be virtually unbeatable.

2. BNAhanbing

BNAhanbing Member

if you do have a reasonable size brain, think it a little bit over: why we are trailing by 9 in the first half?

BECAUSE TMAC GOT 1 POINT IN THE FIRST 24 MINUTES!

he did great in the second half. But do not undermine Yao's contribution throughout the game. you mother **** looser

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

honestly, i could care less. its all about the rockets! it takes 5 baby!

4. BNAhanbing

BNAhanbing Member

you do not have a logic at all because of your peanut-size brain.

Maybe it is not your own fault. It comes from the lame sperm from that early ejection.

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

What? blazer_ben has Peanut-sized brain? How could you be so generous??? That's really a compliment to him! From what I have observed on this board, that idiot's brain can't be large than a sesame.

6. littlefish_220

OP, You are right in every way.

However, I am fine that T-mac takes glory and storyline if Rox can win it all. Actually, I think Yao has no problem of that. He only cares about winning.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

don't u worry, ppl know how good yao is. yao is getting props so don't worry. like i said, the reason tmac gets the storylines is b/c we are representative of how tmac plays moreso than anyone in the league.

but trust me, after this playoff, yao not only will be mentioned as the best center, but a top 3 big man along w/ dirk and duncan.

8. aamir

aamir Member

I'm a looser? Man... and to think, all my life I've been hoping I was a tighter :( I guess my brain isn't reasonable size enough... :rolleyes:

If you really wanted to try and insult my intelligence, the least you could do was write at a third grade level.

BTW -- T-Mac would have had to make 83.3% of his shots in the first half for us to be leading after the first half. Yao shot 40%. The team shot 29.7%. But you're right, it is only T-Mac's fault they we were trailing by 9 at half.

9. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

All I can say is when T-Mac psyched himself out in the first half, Yao and co. held the ship together until T-Mac could get it together.

Yao, I thank ye for this game 1.

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

That's pretty specious reasoning.

The Rox being down isn't do solely to T-Mac as the other players still have an opportunity to score or play D.

11. xiaoxi456

xiaoxi456 Member

no one responsible for the win, either yao and tmac. is JVG

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Someone pass me the popcorn. Oh, and call the hotdog seller over here... and if you need drinks, please tell me. My friend is getting them for me while we watch this little soap opera unfold.

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

Well, the point is, as indicated by some other poster in this thread, some ppl think if he gets full after eating 2 burgers, he thinks only the 2nd takes effect. So why bother buying 2 burgers? Just buying the second one is just enough, and let's hornor that 2nd burger as the most important burger. How smart.

14. ruddy

ruddy Member

LOL Well said!!!!! :D

15. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

If we were to break down each player's contribution in percentages, this is how I think it would end up:

Yao 40% (25% in the first half, 15% in the second half)
    T-Mac 40% (5% in the first half, 35% in the second half)
    Rest of the team 20%.

Both stars contributed equally. The reason why people are giving T-Mac more props than Yao is because T-Mac's sensational second half outshadowed the other players. Unfortunately, many of these fans are blinded by the fact that the game is played for more than two halves. They tend to ignore the contributions that players make in the first half to build a lead or just keep the game close. Needless to say, if Yao played terrible in the first half and turned it on in the second like McGrady did, I have no doubt he'd still be crucified.

16. devin23

devin23 Member

This is what happens when you have 2 superstars in a team. :D I"m sure there's AI vs Carmelo at the nuggets sites. Maybe even the heats site, if they still consider shaq a superstar.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Un-F***ing-Believable! :eek:

You started a thread to complain about Yao not getting "enough credit" (in your eyes) for winning only one game in a best-of-seven?

You guys make me sick...

18. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I reported your post, hopefully you will be reprimanded or it in some for or fashion. That's about as personal as you can get.

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Time to add a load of names to my block list, I don't even know if it'll hold that many, but to complain about credit , especially after a win, really makes me sick. Sometimes this board really, really sucks, because of people want praise for their player. It makes it look like you don't care how the team does, but only how well your player played.

Questions:
    You think Yao cares that the media praises T-Mac for the win?

You think McGrady would care if Yao had a monster game and got credit for a win?

No, because if you don't win, you go home, and both players would rather win than get props and lose.

20. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Can I add on to MLittle577's post by saying that if the Rockets lost the game, BOTH stars will be blamed for not bringing the win to the Rockets?

Come on guys... this debate is really pointless. It questions the intelligence of us fans. We all know that we need both Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady in this team... heck, we are LUCKY to have them in this team. And we all know that a MingVP and MacVP level of play will bring you right to the NBA finals.