1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give me one good reason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Jan 13, 2018.

1. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Big penis eg

MVP4THREE likes this.
  2. arubato

arubato Member

He took 13 shots behind the arc and I’m glad he took every single one of them.

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Today shows you how important it is to have Harden and CP3. Gordon is a killer off the balm and a very efficient scorer, however with the injuries if he is forced into a play making role, his percentages will slump significantly. Just look at the Quality of shots he got today vs last few games

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much...when he has to dribble and make something happen every play eh, that's when you see his limits as a player, but like tonight, when most of his shots are not forced they'll go in cause he's just a great shooter. There's no problem in taking a lot of 3s, but they have to be good 3s, ball movement and good shot selection are big reasons why he made shots tonight and he didn't in other games, and they're the difference between playing good basketball and chucking. Taking good shots also help in getting some rhythm.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Because you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

the guy is averaging 20 ppg, while having a totally inconsistent role, he was the number 2 guy for the first 20 games, playing point guard for half the game. then turned into a sixth man with catch and shoot player.. The guy was the most effected with Paul returning and was chastised when he had the obvious shooting slump... then again told to be a starter, then again come off the bench, then again be a starter, now back to the bench.. with all the crap he is having to put up with he is currently averaging 20.1 ppg, 43% from the field and 35% from 3 point line.. Give me one good reason why you would make this thread.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We have exactly one person, Ryan Anderson (and only slightly 380 to 376), who is a better career shooter than Gordon.

Yet we have an idiot here who will suggest every perimeter player we have is a better shooter based on a half seasons results.

Stupid thread is stupid.

9. theimpossibles1

Correct.

Honestly I wish he would take more 3s. He has the most beautiful stroke in the league. He will make more the more he takes. He can make 3s off the dribble, off the pass, off the pump fake. He is our most versatile 3pt shooter.

Like you said he won the 3pt contest last year. Let him catch a rhythm and he will do like last night on the regular, popping off for 30 +.

When he is in a grove, he can really fill up the basket.

#109 theimpossibles1, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. theimpossibles1

And that's because Ryno will only take WIDE open 3s, and is USELESS in the offense in any other way.

Sh*t, if I played in the NBA and only took shots when I had no defenders within 20ft I could shoot 40%.

I may only get 3-4 attempts per season but hey, a stat is a stat.

D-rock likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Give me one good reason why this thread shouldn't be locked?! ;)

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ill call bs on that

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  13. smp

smp Member

We have 2 guys who should be running the offense- Harden and CP3. EG, Ariza, Ryno, Tucker, etc. shouldn't dribble the ball more than 3 steps or a bad shot/turnover is almost inevitable. That's why we are average when Paul and CP aren't healthy at the same time. EG needs to stick to shooting spot up shots or jumpers off a screen. When he tries to run point it's ugly.

It's so nice to see our depth is coming back. I never want to see Webber, Tucker, and Black on the floor at the same time again. That was the worst lineup I've seen on the Rockets for as long as I can remember. Weber was absolutely terrible. Luc, Nene, and Green need to eat up those minutes and we will be back to the second best team in the NBA.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. arubato

arubato Member

Eventhough EG missed all his 9 3pt attempts, I still like that he didn’t lose his confidence and keeps on shooting.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There's maybe one or two shots a game where I think EG shouldn't shoot if he's struggling, but for the most part I like how he's aggressive. Better than Ryno who ***** his pants whenever he has an open look nowadays.

nacho bidness and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

to stay here.............and i'll turn right back around

17. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

EG getting way too much free pass. His shooting is a legit problem this season. Outside of occasional good games here and there, his average has been horrendous

#117 Vindicator, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    deb4rockets likes this.
  18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I ain't ever scared when EG takes a shot

You shouldn't be either

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. He has been off too much to keep defending. More bad streaks than good streaks from behind the arc.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add 8 more to that total. My problem with him was never a lack of confidence. Why would he take more 3's than everyone but Harden all year if he was lacking confidence?