1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Girl is sending mixed signals... advice, please!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Actually, lemme give you guys a few more interesting tidbits here.

That prom picture that's displayed prominently on her desk is in fact her boyfriend. Good lookin' guy. Now, I would tend to think "yeah, right, this won't last and maybe I can go out with her when they break up." Couple problems with that assumption, though: they've been together for 5 years, so I tend to think they really dig each other. Second, he's away in the marines right now, and how can you compete with a guy in uniform? Third, I'm not sure if she's planning on living on the mainland after college. If she isn't, then having her boyfriend back in Guam actually makes more sense than a guy from the states.

As for a few of you guy's suggestions:

None of her roomates are very hot, and none of her friends from Guam came with her, so she doesn't have any hot friends she can hook me up with at the moment.

It really sucks for me that I wasted a precious two weeks right at the beginning of the year (when opportunities abound because no one knows anyone else) going after an unattainable girl, because I have a distinct disadvantage when it comes to meeting girls: I don't drink. At all. Don't plan on starting, either. So that eliminates about 80% of the parties I can go to. *sigh*

It appears, at least, that we're still going to be friends though. So that's cool. I'm honestly not stressing out too much about this, though I certainly am feeling a bit disappointed right now. Thanks for the support you guys. Seriously, you're helping me out a lot here. Thanks.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, the best thing you could do now is move on and forget about her as anything but a plutonic friend. Sitting around and waiting for her to break up with her boyfriend is just another way of ignoring the fact that she has one, and you'll get stuck at a point where you can't have her but you won't want anybody else.

Too bad she wasn't from the other US protectorate, the US Virgin Islands. :D (sorry, I couldn't help it) However, think about how much worse it'd have been if you'd gone out with her a couple of times and gotten really fixated on her, only to find out then that she was taking pity on you and you had no chance.

Finally, in closing here's a little kitch 60's soul mp3 that expresses what I just said pretty well.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

So it is hard for girls to say no. At least she was honest and I'm glad she's apparently faithful to her bf. I think a girl with a boyfriend is off limits, especially if he's overseas and "fighting" for us.