1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Girl, 9, strapped with bomb says the Taliban made her do it

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 20, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Disclaimer: I don't think this has much to do with religion. But I wonder if there is any hope for Pakistan at all, with the Taliban still around. Do these people have ANY values at all?? Where does it stop??

[​IMG]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...d-by-the-taliban/story-e6frf7lf-1226078890984

PAKISTANI police say they have detained a nine-year-old school girl allegedly strapped with a bomb and told to blow up a police checkpoint in the country's troubled northwest.

Although her intentions could not be confirmed independently, it was the first time such a young girl has been reported carrying explosives in Pakistan and could signal a disturbing new tactic for the Taliban and other militants.

She was arrested about 50 metres from the Islam Darra police checkpoint on the outskirts of Taimargara, the main town in the district of Lower Dir, where Pakistan in 2009 fought to put down a Taliban insurgency.

Police said the girl claimed to have been abducted several days ago in the main northwestern city of Peshawar and to have been taken to Lower Dir near the Afghan border.

''She was wearing eight kilograms of explosives which was quite heavy for her age. Her body language was suspicious,'' Qazi Jamil-ur-Rehman, the regional police chief said.

''She is an innocent school girl and was scared. She is with us and we are trying to reach her family,'' Rehman added.

The girl appeared on national television wearing her blue and white school uniform.

''They kept me in a house and they told me to push the button when I reach near policemen,'' she told reporters during a press conference.

Police said they were hunting those responsible.

Suicide attacks carried out by women and children are very rare in Pakistan but militant groups have frequently used teenage boys.

On December 26, 2010, a burqa-clad female suicide bomber struck a UN food distribution point and killed 43 people in Khar, the main town in the restive Bajaur tribal region bordering Afghanistan.

Nearly 4500 people have been killed across Pakistan in attacks blamed on Taliban and other Islamist extremist networks based in the tribal belt since government troops stormed a radical mosque in Islamabad in 2007.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with religion.

They like boys and benefit from drug money. Hypocrites.

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think you are right. But what can be done to stop it?

1 person likes this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's hard to stop a bunch of crazies. The US is trying but the corruption in Pakistan is far too great.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

this is not right.

Therefore we need to start a war and occupy Pakistan till we can correct such behavior.

6. Classic

Classic Member

insert [gif of guiness bear guys saying brilliant]

7. Classic

Classic Member

*beer

! dang, need to be a contributing member :(

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

**** it.

Nuke all 3rd world countries.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

****ing moronic psychopaths with no morals.

When will the public over there wise up and start demanding justice for these outrageous actions?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My initial reaction would be that only education can cure this over time. But in a society where education is discouraged in many places for at least half of the population, sometimes under threat, how shall that work?

11. showtang043

showtang043 Member

yea the interesting thing, in the quran it talks over and over again aboutone of god's greatest gift to mankind being intellect, so you would think that could translate over to education easier, but the solution starts with not supporting and giving boat loads of cash to a government who is about deepening their own pockets rather than any civic duty. They are manipulative and when people align pakistani people and the pakistani government, they are not seeing the gap in this illusion of a democracy they have over there. But yea as per using this girl its pretty pathetic and a testimony to what greed/corruption can do and how it blinds, you have the mexican drug cathels training teenage girls to be asassins and do their dirty work and put them out in a dangerous situation right underneath us too. In the congo you have militia raping women and girls in villages they raid. Where do we start? How do we start? a bit overwhelming

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, it is...I was also thinking about the parallel to the situation in Mexico. Sad.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kam faints

1 person likes this.
  14. AXG

AXG Member

Agree ;)

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When it comes to pakistan , and I have done a lot of research on this, it is essentially a militarized nation that takes over power whenever it needs to.

In order justify their existance they created, yes...THEY CREATED the taliban to stir up stuf with india and afghanistan so military spending (they pocket) would be at its highest.

THe frankenstein is lose and even they are having trouble stopping it.

One of the most corrup nations on the planet. Religon has absolutely nothing to do with their bull****.

I heard , that the national electric company is so openly corrupt that they pocket so much of their earnings they can't supply electricity to everyone 100% of the time.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Them too, eh?

18. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Give it some time I think. With the death of OBL, you're going to see al-qaeda and taliban try even more insane tactics. In the long run, it's going to back fire. The people, hopefully, will see that the "anti-west" movement was distorted and wasteful in the first place.

Pakistan had made some improvements up to the 90's. After the russo-afghan war, the pockets of extremism became really popular after the west abandoned the country. Couple that with the Asian market crisis of the late 90's, people succumed to the extremist movement. It spread from Afghanistan to rural Pakistan.

You also have to understand that there is a huge cultural disparity between Pakistan's rural vs urban. People in Karachi and major cities have an almost completely different outlook on the west. It's up to the Govt there to homoginize the two to a stable level. But they are too corrupt to give a shiz. And when I say that city folk there are educated, it's strictly relatively speaking.

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I'll agree with this to a point. I can see the elitist class saying "hey why don't yall fight against the big bad west so you ensure your 72 virgins in heaven" while they are completely financially pillaging the lower and middle (if there is even a middle) class there.

I have absolutely no idea where you got that Pakistan created the Taliban. First time I've heard that. :confused: