1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gimme a B! Gimme a U! ST to come later?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Jul 13, 2002.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

They passed up Gasol, Chandler, Jrich, and trading for Brand for this player:

Not good...not good...

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean to say they passed up Eddie Griffin for that guy? ;)

3. tozai

tozai Member

You can't say he's a bust after one season. Give him 2 more seasons and then we'll see...

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I kinda expected this somewhat out of Kwame Brown. I mean he has no real strengths except for dunking and getting rebounds and it seems that he's not even best suited out of that draft to be doing that. I guess since he's so young, he has time to work on other aspects of his game.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Geez, what more do they expect from a project?

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The golden rule back in the day when everybody went to four years of college was that you wait 3 years before calling someone a bust (that was the thinking behind the 3 year 1st round contracts being negotiated into the CBA, btw).

It seems that perhaps Brown has the talent to be a good player, but that he's kinda immature, a bit lazy, and probably somewhat soft. In my experience, however, this is the case with many talented young men his age, and many of them go on to develop one down the line.

My only question is, assuming he will develop some drive, will the Wizards ever reap the rewards, or will he be long gone by then.

7. Matador

Matador Member

It took Jermaine O'Neal until his fifth season until he started being productive. But in his case we was playing behind quality players which isn't the case with Kwame.

8. TRADECUTTINO

TRADECUTTINO Member

I agree. Its way to early to judge this young guy.