1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gillispie to Arkansas?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by gucci888, Mar 26, 2007.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Glad to see that

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hell yes!

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

speakin of deandre, my souces tell me that he and Durant have been talking and KD is willing to stay at UT another year if Dre goes there instead of A&M

4. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Yea let him just switch his LOI. :rolleyes:

Why woudn't he have picked ut from the start then?

Your sources suck!

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

So, he sucks :p

6. updawg

updawg Member

Good for Big 12 if billy stays.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Nope...Nolan already has a job. He was recently hired as the head coach of the prestigious Mexican National Team.

Seriously.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's good news. Keep Texas ball competitive!!!!

9. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

11. SirCharlesFan

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Gillispie's holding out for Kentucky. He's playing the Aggies and the Hogs.

Side note: I heard that Arkansas never actually talked to Gillispie. The AD called the Aggie AD every day for a week (supposed to just be common courtesy), and the Aggie AD refused to call him back. Apparently this is a big-time breach of "AD ethics".

13. SirCharlesFan

wes, apparently the same situation occurred a year or two ago when A&M wanted to talk to the Arkansas baseball coach (who is still at Arkansas) and Broyles (Arkansas 82 year old senile AD that has been forced into retirement effective Dec. 31) wouldn't grant him permission to talk to the baseball coach.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i was concerned about this from the moment i read it in the chronicle...without a quote from gillespie, and with his silence since.

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

While I am concerned that BG may leave, it would be silly for him to say he was staying at this point. I am sure that the uncertainty has helped him as the Regents vote on what kind of raise to give him.

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

To be honest, this I expected. I am not really sure what the news is here.

My concerns were earlier with Arkansas (because some made it seem like that was a done deal). I knew the Aggies could keep him from going there because that was not a big step up.

I think most Aggies know that if Kentucky were to come calling, that would change the entire situation. I wouldn't hold any grudge against BCG if he were to go to Kentucky. As for Arkansas thinking he played them? No, he never even talked to Arkansas. Their cockyness led them to believe that they could just get him. Thats a program that needs to get a reality check. As for A&M, he's never told anyone that he is going to stay. For all we know, the "verbal agreement" he had with Byrne was that he would stay at A&M if not offered the Kentucky job. Some of you act like he pulled a Nick Saban or something.

It could also be that BCG isn't going to say anything until his contract is official and he can sign it. They are not even voting until today so why would he come out and say he is going to stay until the deal is done. Would you do it before you signed on the dotted line?

If he were to go to Kentucky though, I think everyone (not drinking too much Maroon kool-aid) would understand, but be very disappointed. That said, I honestly think there are 3-4 guys ahead of him for the Kentucky job so we don't have that much to worry about. I would worry more if I was Texas about Barnes considering he has been rumored to be higher on the list than BCG.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i hear ya...it's just that the Chronicle seemed to report that this was more of a "done deal" than it apparently is. that sucks.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Imagine that.

19. RocketManJosh

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...es/stories/033107dnspogillispie.167d631f.html

So now the official deal offered to BCG of 1.75 million thru 2015 is offically approved. Now Gillispie could sign it if he wanted to. However, he is in Atlanta right now and the initial reports had him signing the deal on Monday and being present for the ground breaking ceremony or whatever for the Aggies new practice facility.

If it is 5:00 Monday night and he still hasn't signed, then that would leave me to believe that if Kentucky offered he's gone. Until then, I don't think you can read into anything.

20. RocketManJosh

Well it seems that we finally have confirmation from BCG himself that he has agreed to the deal so we Aggies can breathe a little easier now I think. Granted signed contracts are not worth that much in college basketball, but him basically saying that he agreed to the contract makes me feel better than hearing if from unconfirmed sources like the Chronicle.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?SID=&PRID=12699