1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 14, 2010.

1. davestrate

davestrate Member

That's exactly my points, low risk high reward....I would ship battier and Jeffries to receive an all around young small forward in return too bad the salaries wouldnt match unless it was Melo/Granger/Iggy and since none of those seem realistic why not this??

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Signed,

Javaris Crittenton

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If we could get that done and then swing one of our PGs and some more depth for a stud at SF we would be contenders immediately.

I know Carmelo isn't likely right now but a team of healthy
    Arenas
    Martin
    Melo
    Scola
    Yao

would be awesome to watch.

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

All three of them (arenas, brooks, lowry) can play both guard positions

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

YES TO GILBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need ****ing leaders and hard men who will **** in Jordan Hill's shoes to light a fire under their asses, not fakes like ****ing Battier and Hayes!!!

Ya hear me, dawg!!!!

6. davestrate

davestrate Member

I'm sure they were fooling around....do you really think both he and Arenas were serious about going all MATRIX in the Wizard's lockeroom? come on now......

7. makman

makman Member

Only Arenas possibly, Brooks at sg? He can't guard PGs how's he going to guard SGs? And Lowry can't shoot so that doesn't work either. And are they going to cut into Martin and Lee's minutes? Not happening

8. makman

makman Member

Locker room no, anywhere else possibly. If your stupid enough to bring a gun into a locker room, your stupid enough to do anything else.

9. highstep

highstep Member

10. davestrate

davestrate Member

I found that plane HILARIOUS but then again im a young adult in my mid 20's.

11. makman

makman Member

That's rich. Crap in Jhills shoes won't help that's just nasty. And I'd say Hayes and Battier are better leaders and hard workers than Arenas.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ya think that cuz ya ain't no tru baller dawg!

13. makman

makman Member

I mean I try..... are u saying crap in my shoes is what it takes??

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

Martin and Lee can play the three of need be......Lee guards sf's every now and then, and Martin plays more like a small forward on offense, so it's doable

15. makman

makman Member

Technically he could, if that sf is rudy fernandez or kyle korver, etc. Defensively that would be painful to watch and probably painful for him.

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

Yeah well Hayes/Battier combined don't add up to even 10ppg. Battier can no longer stop Kobe nor Lebron if you dont believe me go look up how many points each scored on battier that last five games each, straight up INSULTING. Leadership is important but look what all this "leadership" has done for us in houston (jack shhhh)

17. TheGreatWall

TheGreatWall Member

According to hoopshype

2010/11 $17,730,694
    2011/12 $19,269,308
    2012/13 $20,807,922 player option
    2013/14 $22,346,53

Gilbert Arenas salary is to ridiculous, morey would never take it on

18. makman

makman Member

Not all about ppg. And who does stop Kobe or Lebron? With that being said I don't like Battier or Hayes but shipping them out doesn't help the cause.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Arenas Contract is to damn big, the dude is getting paid like a superstar. If we trade for him, I want their 2011 draft pick (unprotected) and the rights to swap picks in 2012 as well as Al Thornton!
    2011 Wiz. Draft pick(unprotected)
    2012 "rights to swap" pick (top 5 protected)
    Al Thornton
    Gilbert Arenas (albatross Contract)
    for
    Shane Battier
    Jared Jeffries
    Chuck Hayes & Jermaine Taylor (just to kill some unwanted depth)

--RB

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i definitely see him as a ron artest type...he's just kind of goofy and sometimes that turns into being careless, but he's got a competitiveness few have, and one that we severely lack on this team. We're basically talking about a taller version of Brooks. He's also pretty much still in his prime at 28...he's gotta have at least 3 more years at this level...perfect for this team's window of opportunity and ends right at the end of his contract, when he would be a HUGE expiring deal. He does make a lot, but so did tmac. You can get past that as long as you dont have B players around them.....problem is Washington probably won't settle for for picks, expirings, and nbdl talent.