1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Gilbert Arenas Takes Shot At Coach K

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by North Star, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

If I was to get snubbed and go on to have the career that Arenas is having, I would love to throw it back in the faces who snubbed me.

You're just sorry that Eddie Was Snubbed.

2. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Fact is, Kobe's on and off court actions influences these preconceived notions that stimgatize how we judge his current words and actions.

3. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Exactly. All these Kobe lovers believe that because he wasn't conviced of rape or because he's rescinded all of the ignorant comments he made about Phil and Shaq that he should be judged as thye view him. Sorry, not going to happen. I think Kobe is one of the best to ever play and certainly deserves a great deal of credit but if you decide to judge him as an overall person against a guy like Gil, you'll lose every time. Gilbert is genuine at 24, Kobe is just learning to be at 28.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Great, great. It really is great that an NBA player does all that.

But why is he picking on a college team? Big deal. He could score a lot of points against a college team. So could any other NBA superstar.

If he were to claim that he'd drop "84 or 85" on the Suns or Blazers, and then do that without shooting 50 shots - now that's something. Until then, he's a Jackass.

5. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Did you see the interview or are you just reading stuff? It was obvious he was kidding. He even said it would be like a video game. Think what you want. What a jackass Gilbert Arenas is. Hopefully one day he can be the quality human being Kobe is. You're the only one who apparently doesn't get it.

It's so funny that because he's an "NBA player" that you give him no credit for all the good he's done in a child's life and in the community. However, if you think he's got an ego he's a jackass. You have it all confused.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe I didn't get it. Maybe I don't get his style, I don't know? I definitely didn't see the interview, though. I stand corrected.

By the way, I wasn't being sarcastic about the things he does. That really is great.

7. Fuse

Fuse Member

It is a matter of different opinions. As much as Kobe fans see him in a different light, the same applies to Arena's fans and their own perception of him. Kobe has always been a love/hate thing. But the fact is, the hatred or dislike towards him has greatly magnified his acts... there is no denying that. If you compare his actions to other individuals within the league, you would find that others have done equally if not worse. Kobe's so called "diplomatic" way of handling his life has much to do with the success that he has had of the past at such an incredibly younge age - it is very similar to a corporate style of handling matters. Then you have Tim Duncan who has been an absolute class, but how many individuals has had that much success and can hold themselves to such standards?

I'm just pointing that out, and not stating that as something as right or wrong. You can't compare someone that is just beginning to taste success to someone that has had to deal with the issues that entail success. Perhaps if Arenas has achieved similar status, we can then make an accurate comparison, but until then, it is sort of a mute point.