1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ghost House is Portal to Hell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SacTown, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SacTown

SacTown Member

Props for researching and forming a valid conclusion on this instead of instantly dismissing it as BS simply because it may not vibe with your views of life/afterlife/religion/athesim.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I mostly just skimmed over all the details, but it is possible that no one made up anything AND that the details were not true/accurate. Lying is one possibility, but even if no one "lied," they might not have had an accurate memory of what actually happened.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_memory
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_testimony
    From what I can tell, many of the eyewitness accounts came from people who publicly acknowledged that they already believed in ghosts and/or demons. If you put them in a stressful situation and throw in some suggestive ideas, then their brain will likely "make-up" memories for them. This is actually a very interesting topic that I am quite fascinated about (and it doesn't always involve the supernatural of course). The brain is pretty good most of the time, but it is not something you can trust 100% of the time (especially when it comes to memories). :)

But yeah, eyewitness accounts are not very believable, especially if they are suggesting something that seems illogical. Sure, anything is possible, but in this case, I think it is more likely that people were lying/mislead/hysterical/etc. rather than something truly supernatural going on. Very little direct evidence seems available (e.g., video of the child walking on walls), although even that wouldn't necessarily prove much. IIRC, they police photo of the house appeared to show an effect that a popular Android app creates (to "ghostify" images). Give me more of that and less eyewitness accounts, and I'd probably be a little less skeptical (though I'd probably still be skeptical since ghosts/demons/etc. is pretty much the least likely scenario).

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A former au pair of mine also told me my house was haunted, had bad energy, and she feared she would die if she remained. She stayed all of 3 days. I think it might have been her who was haunted because none of the others had any trouble.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Gary is a ****hole.

5. SacTown

SacTown Member

I refuse to believe any of it unless I see it for myself or see it on video. If the kids were levitating and walking up walls, at least show me a video. Every time I watch one of these ghost shows they never really find anything. Same with the bigfoot shows.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

easy brother, I wasn't responding to you..I was responding in general. I actually agree with you about the cable shows. I can't stand that show Ghost Adventures, and I want solid proof too. I'm a skeptic believer..meaning that I think RC Cola is right about the mind playing tricks on people too. I think this case is very interesting solely because of all the seemingly official documents and reputable people (actual Police Captain, medical doctors and CPS officials). I do believe there are things we can't explain, but I'm also one to look for a rational reason as well - for instance, I had a friend in physics explain that voices and noises from nowhere can be sound waves that were trapped in the past in substances like the wood in walls, and can be released at a later date due to weather affecting the contraction and expansion of the materials. I'm all for looking for rational explanation first.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Is it just me or is anyone thinking they'd like to go check this place out? I think there's a Budget 8 or something around the corner. Gary, IN LOL

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This sounds (pun intended) VERY interesting! This could be one heck of a prank on someone, obviously someone you don't care too much about, just in case they go loony and never recover...;)

(P.S) Now you have me thinking if I have any friends in physics that can help me do this to my boss...:grin:

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

on all things supernatural, or "otherworldly".... I require genuine video evidence....