1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting to know Marcus Morris - Your new Franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 23, 2011.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes they do. These two have a man-crush on each other and I wouldn't be surprised if one left his team to try and play for the other.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nn8fpazFyM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If he can get to Ryan Gomes level, I will be happy at our crappy draft position in a weak draft.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!!!

4. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

can't wait to see this new team in action.. uggg summer league why must you be cancelled

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know some twins like that. It actually worries me. These guys are going to have some serious separation anxiety. Probably some depression. They may end up as monks.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

this guy seems like a mike harris 2.0

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Now we have someone to match up against LeBron.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Patterson at the 4 and Morris at the 3 makes for a pretty physical pair, good D, and with very solid complimentary skills.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Marcus Morris has a little Paul Pierce/Glen Robinson to his game.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Marcus Morris is too slow to guard the 3?

3/4 court sprint / Bench press

Richard Jefferson 3.15 / 14
    Andre Iguodala 3.18 / 4
    Tony Allen 3.19 / 17
    Kevin Durant 3.24 / 0
    Trevor Ariza 3.29 / 8
    Shane Battier 3.30 / 12
    Caron Butler 3.33 / 2
    Luol Deng 3.34 / 5

Marcus Morris 3.15 / 11

That is how he compares in strength and speed with some of the top SF defenders in the league.

MYTH BUSTED.

1 person likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Had no idea Donatas was a lefty, should come in very handy.

Have to admit I was disappointed when I didn't hear Kawhi Leonard's name called at our pick but then I remembered this is Morey makin the pick not CD or any schmoo. Either way we came out good overall and will have a brighter future from this draft.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I have no problems with the selection, but he's nowhere near glen robinson,roy, or even beasley. In fact he was dominated by byimbo. Robinson was player of the year,averaged 30 and 10 in college and like karl said, can roll out of bed and get 20. Beasley, even with his issues dominated college ball. How many times have you seen a non great college player become a great pro? I can't think of many and I've been watching college ball since 1978 or so. He's a solid guy on the court and very grounded. At best, he's a off the bench guy like darrell aurthur. I guess we will see. I'm more intrigued by the big lefty tbh.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Rep this man. Damn, he's faster than KD :eek:

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

All of those guys were better athletes than morris and none played pf in college. You can put up lane agility drills, but go back and look at the film and see how many times he blew by his man and he was playing against college pfs.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well KD is also a lot taller and longer than Morris, and that speed is terrific for a guy at 6-11

16. sammy

He doesn't need a quick first step to be effective.

He can use that quick spin move (seen in the sports science vid) or the many other post-up moves he has in his repertoire.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Great write up. I'll admit i had never seen much of him, but then i checked out his workout video about 2 or 3 days ago and that alone made me believe in him. I had just gone with what people were saying, like many fans here, but if you actually watch the way he moves and handles the ball, that's no power forward. However, he's got the post moves and enough size to mix it up with 3s if needed. What impressed me the most was his jumper though. He can shoot it quickly, accurately, and with a soft touch. I definitely could see how he modeled his game after Melo, even before he mentioned it himself.

It's definitely important to remember that even NBA GMs screw up. If they didn't, then the draft would always play out perfectly, year after year, and it doesn't. Just look at Phoenix. Im not sure anyone thought Markieff was a better player, yet they picked him over marcus. Maybe they went for need instead, but that doesn't make their pick better or Houston's worse. I'm not as sure of Marcus' future as a star as you are, but i think he'll at least show he can be a 20-25ppg scorer who's a solid defender. I'm hesitant to say he'll actually do it, or for how long, only because we already have good scorers in Martin, scola, and even Lowry has more consistent games. I'm not sure there will be enough touches for Morris to get 20+ consistently, unless someone is traded. With those other guys around I don't think he'll get more than 17-18 a game.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lebron wishes he could post up like Morris.

1 person likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Dumbass post 2.0. We get it.

20. sammy

KD is listed at 6'9" - 230