1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting FAs to like Houston as a city... how do you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jun 30, 2019.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Harden's style of play is definitely not something that attracts players and will continue to haunt us and oh yea we signed CP to a stupid ridiculous contract

BeardNation13 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Fix the potholes. Wrap up the construction. When I retire, I'm out of here.

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The easy answer is to highlight the cities, but San Antonio did more than Houston yesterday. The franchise is not run very well. They are not fun to watch to non Rocket fans, they do not play disciplined basketball and BTW do not have a full coaching staff for starters. I've been a Rockets fan for a long time and I have to say it's been tough to watch DM fail time after time when all these other GMs and teams are stepping up to the plate.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

The_Conquistador hereby issues a CLARION CALL for all the beautiful, free-spirited, and loose women of Houston, TX to take up arms (and other body parts) to assist me in this effort! Fantasy, luxury, self-indulgence, and political and economic commentary for DAYS ON END await the very fortunate recruits.

Let me remind all recruits that on offense, all you really need to do is stand around and watch James dribble. Consider it paid time off for half the game!

GOOD DAY

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol nothing to due with iconic franchise...its about iconic citys to party or weather. People need to stop making this anything then what it is. Its laughable how fans try to **** on the rockets....****ing spurs is an iconic franchise, how many free agents knocking down there door lol.

Its yes about those ideal city, but more so about if u have cap space n a good organization.

Rockets are a good organization that had no cap space. If the had the cap I bet u money we would get a good guy

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey keeps piling up the wins

7. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Has nothing to do with the city. Actually, Houston sells itself better than 80% or more of the other cities. Think how Phoenix or Cle feels. How'd we get all these hall of famers (past/current) including Harden and Cp3 here? If the city was a problem then you wouldn't see stars like Verlander, Brantley, and Cole on the astros sign in Houston too.

Win. Change the style and culture. Pay up. More stars will come.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Once Harden retires the next future star player will wanna come here. They see how well we coddled Harden and gave him the keys to the city.

10. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I’m a native houstonian but our city can’t compete with LA and Miami. We have to be honest with ourselves. It is an obstacle in a handful of locations but not most. Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota and other freezing places can’t compete.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Every star player is "coddled"

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Get cap space.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member