1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting a divorce after 10 years of Marriage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tim562, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cordell and Cordell?

2. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

If you can just draft up an agreement of how you will split up assets, it will save you a lot of time and money (no need for meditation).

The agreement would have to be notarized and then you can file the divorce yourself at the courthouse, using a lawyer to only look over your forms. PM me if you want - I do divorces for friends from time to time. I'm a licensed attorney but I only do legal stuff for friends and family (not as my day job).

Fantasma Negro and LFE171 like this.
  3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about that. This happens way too often than it should. As others have said, stay in your apt, keep yourself busy, be nice, but don't get taken advantage of as because of guilt or because you feel sad. If you guys can talk it out and agree on things that's great and easy, but if it gets bad, don't hesitate to be firm...

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Depending on how much animosity there is between you I would watch what you post on social media (Private and Public) so its not used against you later. Sorry to hear this, it definitely sucks to go through this but as others have said, stay busy, I know its easier said then done but its the truth. Time heals and you just have to put time and distance between now and the future. I wish there were an easy anecdote but above all try and stay positive as you work through this because at times it sucks......Good luck

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Easy there horn dog

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Sadly I've been there as well. Divorced last July after 26 years of marriage. Wife cheating. I filed all of the paperwork myself and we split stuff amicably (she only got her car, har har). Took only 60 days from filing. Mentally this was super tough for me because I loved her very much and thought she would be the last person on earth to betray me. Now I have trust issues LOL. Good advice in the thread in terms of focusing on you, etc. The future is certain, a bright one.

Pen15clubber and RudyTBag like this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Been there, OP. I made the stupid mistake of getting married when I was super young and ended up with someone who really didn't have a clue or any respect for what it means to be in a relationship. Granted, I worked a 70+ hour a week job at the time so I didn't get all that much time to spend with her. But, she didn't work at all, didn't do **** around the house, smoked all my weed, drank all of my liquor, partied it up with her friends, maxed out my credit cards, couldn't bring herself to do anything except pick up my laundry and **** me. I can count on one hand the number of times she made dinner for us in the 6 years we were together. I was always expected to take her out to fancy restaurants and pay for her and all of her friends as well when she wanted to go to the bar or go clubbing. Some of it had benefits, got some nice threesome/foursome/fivesome memories from it and all. She had some talents in the sack, to be honest.

I floated this chick for about 6 years and eventually we just sort of drifted apart. I think she resented me a bit because I was never around due to work and she was young at the time and probably didn't like being alone, and I resented her because frankly I grew tired of paying for her **** and her not doing anything around the house to make up for it. She was quite the entitled princess and I blame her shitty parents for it because they spoiled the crap out of her. No matter how pretty she was on the outside she was a rather disgusting person when it came down to it.

The day she told me she was leaving me and had met another man, I have to be honest I was crying tears of joy and felt like a huge weight had just been taken off my chest. We never had any kids, so that made it super easy on me. The guy she left me for was also one of her childhood friends and also a mega millionaire which made total sense to me because all she wanted was to spend someone elses money and not really do anything worthwhile with her life.

I'm pretty lucky, because she didn't try to take anything from me in the divorce and we were able to settle it without much fuss. She's living it up in West Palm Beach, Fl now. But, I can't complain about my life too much either. I'm basically retired now and will be playing the field from here on out with no plans of starting a serious relationship again, unless of course I come across one I think is simply too good to pass up but I've been with several and I always rejoice when I wake up in the morning and they're gone and as a bonus, none of my **** was stolen.

The dude wasn't meant to be married, I think.