1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get to Work, Jerome Solomon: White, Motiejunas, Machado joins Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Super Lintendo

The D-League is a waste of time for a veteran professional like Donatas. When wing players are playing center there makes it even more useless for the big man.

2. w00t

w00t Member

Watching some Viper games on youtube to see the game and suddenly timeout... fat cheerleaders...LOL

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

So D-Mo should put up huge numbers in D-League, right? If he's a veteran professional going up against inferior talent he should really shine. If he completely dominates his competition in D-League I would expect him to be back with the Rockets fairly soon.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Marcus Morris, PPAT and Jeremy Lin needs to let the young guys know that D-League is not a sentence but a change to improve their game.

5. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

If your afraid of the wolves don't ride in Royce RV Dmo!

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

If our coaching staff had the guts to make the hard calls, our rotation would look include the following 9 guys:

Lin
    Douglas
    Harden
    Delfino
    Parsons
    Morris
    Motiejunas
    Jones
    Asik

And Patterson would be the one riding the bench or playing in the d-league.

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Haha :grin:

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

D-Mo gonna be pissed? B4 signing with him, didn't he say something about not wanting to come if he wasn't going to play? Does playing in the d-league count? I guess he has no choice NOW...but it would suck if morey promised him playing time and this is what he gets..

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

D-Mo. From Europe to........McAllen.

Hope he learns to like fajitas and whatnot. I can give him the name of a few restaurants. (Hey, for the right job, I'd live in McAllen; but if I were European, it might be a little different.)

Still, hope our three guys learn a lot there and don't Marcus-Morris (hey, I was a star at Kansas, I'll dog it out here, too) their time on the Vipers.

10. torocan

torocan Member

I think most every player isn't happy when they end up in the D-League.

Still, it's the best thing for them. Partly for the play time, MORE importantly because they get extra attention in terms of learning the offensive and defensive sets.

Reps are the key to learning anything, and that just isn't going to happen if you're playing 3-8 minutes per game.

11. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Really? Is it beter that he stays with the club and rides the bench?
    Have a look back and see what other Rockets spent time in the D during their rookie years. You might find some nice players in that list. The truth is that the Rockets have a pretty good system down there. Players run similar sets to the Rockets' own, and they get the reps they need to continue their development.

I have pretty high hopes for Donatas, but the truth is that there is not yet a place in the rotation for him. I believe that will change. There is really no rush here.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wish we could send some posters to the D-League

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Oh yeah, CARPOOL!

14. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Sucks for Dmo. He is the best offensive player after Harden on the team

15. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Ive really grown to dislike mchale, send him back to boston.. I thought this was hired to play the rookiesband let them fly? Total bs by the entire organization, total bs

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The D-League means one thing to the Rockets organization and another thing to the rest to the rest of the world. You can see that in this thread. Getting sent to the DL by the Rox is not as much an insult as it is with other squads. More teams will have to use the DL as a real minor league before the stigma of it being sub-NBA fades. Until then, I expect players to be pissed and perhaps take a confidence hit when they get "sent down."

The problem with the DL is that there is still quite a jump in athleticism between it and the NBA. Yeah, it is a chance to get focused coaching and learn the sets, but I think some players need burn against real NBA talent and not D-League scrubs. For really talented players, I don't think DL time tells you anything you did not already know about the player, as with TWill and Morris.

Hopefully, DMo learns his sets quickly, hits the weight room, and dominates enough to establish he is far above the DL.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Scott Machado happy to be headed to RGV. Royce White unavailable, apparently did not practice . D-Mo was here for practice.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/268433342125457408" data-datetime="2012-11-13T19:21:10+00:00">November 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sampson confirmed White skipped practice and said doesn't think White was at game last night.Told others D-League decision then.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/268437415423774720" data-datetime="2012-11-13T19:37:21+00:00">November 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This really doesn't sound good with Royce...

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

How does Sampson not know if he was at the game or not? :confused:

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Doesn't say if Donatas was happy with the move or not. My guess would be no.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who wants to go to McAllen, though? I mean, there are snakes there.