1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get rid of Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by proteuskim, Mar 17, 2003.

1. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

Mobley is a sub-par player, doesn't share the ball, and is a detriment to the team in general. I know i'm not alone in stating that it is imperative for the rockets to trade him, but I don't know if any other team wants him.. After all, isn't that why they traded Michael Dickerson to the then Vancouver Grizzlies instead of Mobley? In fact it's more imperative to get rid of Mobley than it is to get rid of RudyT. MOBLEY, GO SCREW UP SOMEONE ELSE'S TEAM.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Second post ever, start bashing a player that's actually play well in recently. A player who took less money to stay, plays with his heart on his sleeves, and plays through all the injuries (his) of last year. While I think Mobes might be better as an Sam Cassell type of instant offense player off the bench for us, this bashing of him after a 5-0 streak is just classless.

3. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Cat had his difficulties blending with the team early on, but of late, I can really tell he's much better about moving and passing the ball. The team chemistry is finally coming along. Now once in a while, he'll pull out his old bad habits but they are few enough nowadays that Cat is back on my A list.

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It's all about timing.

Mobley had a nice game last night, you dont want to bash him then. Wait until he has a poor game, then start the thread, that way you can get a bunch of people frustrated with his performance piling on.

But don't start the thread right after he has one of his best games of the season, especially in regards to distribution of the ball, and finding Yao.

5. supermagichero

Don't be angry. Lets give him more time to be fitted in this team. :D

6. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Mobley, in spite of his head-scratching comments and oft poor descision making, is a very basketball player. He can easily fit in well with this team "when he chooses to do so". We need him now but I am not sure he would accept being the 4th option after Boki emmerges next season.

He is well priced also.

7. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

What the f@(!(???!!! How long has he been on this team? He should stop acting like a rookie and start acting like a veteran. Anyone knows that if you have an advantage down low that you feed it until it doesnt work anymore. Inside-out.. Basketball 101.
    He isn't MJ, AI, T-Mac, Kobe, or even Francis (Pretty good but still Mediocre in comparison). He should already know his place on the court.

8. rocketear

rocketear Contributing Member

yeah! cm has been here long enough,but he never played with someone like ym before( a center, that is!)...last night he made some bonehead mistakes as usual, but he has made some other progress as well, like passing...give him some times to find his role,and when this season is over,we''ll see what type of player he is!

9. rocketsball2003

how about we get rid of this thread instead of mobley??? makes perfect sense to me

10. MONON

MONON Member

You referring to Cat or proteuskim?:D

11. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

If your trying to say that cat is selfish and doesnt pass to yao that is absolute bs. Time after time mobley passes into him and rarely does he overlook him if he has good post position.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mobley is playing well, D'd up nicely last nite, played within himself on O. I've cut him slack because he's earned it.

(Then, this summer trade his butt for the better Rox fit and move SF to SG for 20+ or even 30+ mins/game.)

13. Nova

Nova Member

Man, proteuskim, besides the fact that most of us have heard enough of this topic... Mobley has been playing well of late. He's been passing well, shooting ok, and playing good D. Go harp on someone else, and jeez, time your bashing better. :p

Mobley will fit right nicely on this team. I think most ppl can see it, question is: can he keep it up? If he gets into his role then he'll be an awesome addition to this team at a very nice price. This guy's got a lot of heart, I wouldn't give up on him yet.

14. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

A center like Olajuwon? because he played with Olajuwon.

15. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

I love the way that Cat played the two-man game with Yao yesterday. I daresay that the Mobley-Ming combo is working smoother than the Francis-Ming combo lately.

16. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

I think THAT'S BS. Mobley passes to him occassionally and in a few games he passes down low frequently but I wouldn't say time after time.

17. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

mobley had 7 assists last night. how about we get rid of you!

18. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

I'm not saying that the team didn't play well last night, but a couple of good games doesnt excuse his mediocre performances and numbskull decisions during his ?4+or -? seasons with the rockets.

19. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

HEY he has been playing steadily better since the trade deadline , give him a break.

20. proteuskim

proteuskim Member

Let's jump on the mobley bandwagon b/c of one good game. I've always disliked Mobley and always will and if none of you can see that he will inevitably hold this team back then I will gladly leave.
    Yeah Whatever!!! =)