1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get ready for it to get fun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by studogg, Feb 22, 2009.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Roster for playoffs, if everyone is healthy:
    ---------------------------------------------------

C - Yao Ming
    Pf - Luis Scola
    Sf - Shane Battier
    Sg - Ron Artest
    Pg - Aaron Brooks

Carl Landry
    Chuck Hayes
    Brent Barry
    Von Wafer
    Kyle Lowry
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Brian Cook (probably) over Joey Dorsey

That team is awesome...defensively.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I enjoy a scrappy brand of basketball, crisp passes, good shooting, exciting drives, tough defense. I don't know if TMac's "laziness" rubbed off on the team or what, but without him they look better, more fun to watch. An injured player at the NBA level of play, especially one that doesn't play defense and chucks instead of drives even when healthy, can degrade the overall performance of the team. The current team is definitely more fun to watch now, but for most of the year they were so boring even when they won. And all the needless losses to scrub teams just totally demotivated me as a fan. I am enjoying them again. :)

They will really have to elevate their game against the better teams, but if they get a good seed in the playoffs and play Denver, N.O., or Portland in the first round, I think they could advance. Ron and Yao will have to put up All Star performances and somebody else will have to have a huge playoffs. That might do it.

#42 solid, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

solid - it is funny, too. Because, most common analysts and fans don't think we stand chance without T-Mac. Even though, we almost took out the Lakers at full strength without T_Mac and Artest. We've also beaten Utah (x2), Denver, and Miami in Jan. Blew SA out.

This team could very formidable in the playoffs, you don't need stars everywhere to win a series.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, see my addition above. It is funny how things can happen. Several key players are now missing from the contending teams. This will make a difference. If our bunch can really get clicking in the next few weeks, who knows. Also, look for Battier and Artest to pick it up defensively. I also have this feeling that Brooks, Landry, or Wafer could explode for a game or two in the playoffs and make a huge difference.

5. kevtse

kevtse Member

Don't get too excited yet. I hate to say it, but I will be very happy if we have a healthy Yao to start the playoffs.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Les Alexander approves this thread.

Stage 1 Aesthetically pleasing offense that generates interest - complete

7. MarsRock

MarsRock Member

Agreed, it's so important.