1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Get Money News] Gavin Rossdale Cheats On Gwen Stefani, Asks For $50 mill & Child Supprt In Divorce

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Oct 24, 2015.

1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Limp Bizkits first album was great, their 2nd effort was solid IMO as well but that has more divisiveness among music fans. It has just become cool to hate on them, if you didn't like it then fine, maybe it wasn't your thing but I think there are a lot of people that just hate on some of these bands for what they turned into.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They were a harder band (not that they were super hard) than what appeared on the radio. Most of their music was solid rock, but they'd write a few lighter, poppier tunes and that would get them radio airplay.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VL5LV9PVZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. conquistador#11

some of those bands were awful indeed but some had some really catchy songs, like 'rollin' ft dmx and redman! kryptonite too and the middle. those were not so guilty pleasures. =)

4. Buck Turgidson

OK, anonymous No Doubt Fanboy, show yourself!

1 person likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Apparently you hadn't reached your formative period in the 1980s. THAT was terrible rock. KISS didn't even wear makeup.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I once drove to Austin with friends just to see a show featuring Staind, Kid Rock, and Limp Bizkit. Thankfully my musical tastes evolved, when I listened to Radiohead's The Bends for the first time. Oh youth.

7. dmoneybangbang

3 dollar bill y'all was awesome and Korn's last decent album was Issues. I have no shame, I loved the "rap/metal", pop rock, and punk rock wave of the late 90s and early 2000s..... Mostly because I was in middle school and high school.

Best pop rock album is third eye blind's self titled, so many great singles.

I'm 30 now and didn't really like early 90s rock, never liked Nirvana.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Just gonna put this here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sIlNIVXpIns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. MystikArkitect

Hybrid Theory was awful....such trivial and basic music designed for the angsty teenager with a handful of active neurons.

"In the end....it doesn't even matter......."

Lol.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Late 90's to early 2000's rock was the ish. You guys are lame. My playlist is littered with it.

Limp Bizkit (early stuff)
    Linkin Park (early stuff)
    Staind (early stuff)
    From Zero
    From Autumn to Ashes
    Taking Back Sunday
    Brand New
    36 Crazyfists
    3 doors down (only a couple songs)
    Matchbox 20(first CD)
    Blink 182
    Creed
    Slipknot
    Alexisonfire(Watch out!....one of my favorite CDs of all time)
    Gin Blossoms
    Eve 6
    Billy Talent
    Nonpoint
    12 Stones
    Yellowcard
    Live
    Fuel
    Dexter Freebish
    The Exies

I could go on and on...

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, I don't recall hearing of either band. I youtube'd the first suggestion from each group and didn't remember either song. And yeah, both songs sucked.

Watch for the common law, sir. Be careful combining your name with anyone... ie insurance policies, cell phone bills, bank accounts, etc.

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Wasn't the 80's "Hair Band" Era the worst?

Late 90's was pretty bad for Hip Hop. Rough times after Pac and Biggie were gone.
    No Limit could be argued as the worst "popular" music ever.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BlWks8jTpBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoL

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You know what, it's not my era but I see it as just a bunch of guys drinking, sexing and enjoying the trapping of rock n roll. The music, while incredibly simple, has a certain enjoyable charm about it.

Put it this way, do you think in ten years you'll hear Limp Bizkit played in a comedy the same way Whitesnake was in 'Old School" or teens wearing Korn shirts the way Hipsters wear Dokken shirts?

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What, no Semisonic? Fastball?

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That show in Austin sounds like it was probably a bad ass show.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

LOL. Masta P was horrible... ditto Silk the Shocker. Props to P though for his tremendous hustle. No Limit would release 5 albums/month lol.

Always liked these jams though. They were bangin!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUTwcU6DTPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8CF2v9KtJQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, absolutely.