1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Germany would probably never have been defeated in WWII without massive air strikes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Remember when Hamas used to ship entire trainloads of Jews halfway across Europe and then kill half of them on arrival (including anyone under 15 years old)?

1 person likes this.
  2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yeah, but be careful not to paint with a wide brush -- mainstream orthodox judaism holds that an ethical person is an ethical person, period. But unfortunately this really archaic back-to-the-roots, everyone not like me is an enemy kind of judaism is taking hold and isn't so different than wahhabism.

I knew Yossi Gurwitz when I lived there and talked to him a lot about it. He's a yeshiva boy turned activist and he describes that disconnect a lot in his writing. He also gets a lot of death threats and was under investigation by the government for the things he wrote -- but at least the press still remains free enough that he can write them.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Extremist camps on both sided indoctrinate their children with hate. Did you not see the linked YouTube video of Hamas children programming encouraging their children to kill all Jews.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Are those subs legit?
    If they are, then that is really sad.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yep. The stuff Hamas does to indoctrinate kids is really over the top.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is some North Korea level propaganda. Unbelievable.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

No one defends Hamas's actions, but I haven't seen any Israeli supporter denounce this horrid brainwashing of Israeli children. First they brainwash them into hating Palestinians, then they give them machine guns.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't agree with Germany not being defeated without carpet bombing but I do agree the German civilian deaths are not the fault of the Allies.

9. Nook

Nook Member

There are many Israeli's that hate Palestinians... I have met quite a few.

10. fchowd0311

Wow. What a blanket generalization. And it would be naive of you to believe that only Hamas supporting Palestinians indoctrinate hate of Jews. Hell, even growing up in an American Muslim community I have heard on numerous occasions at my local Masjid as a child how the Jews are evil schemers that control the media.I can only hope they were being facetious.

11. trustme

trustme Member

How convenient. Anything said against Israelis is a blanket statement. I don't see you saying anything about posters who are making such statements against Palestinians. I don't see you saying anything about posters who say Palestinians deserve to be killed because they voted for Hamas.

12. fchowd0311

How can I have commented on such a statement if I haven't come across that statement. I don't recall a single poster who even implicitly suggested that Palestinians deserve to be killed. This ain't the comment section of the Blaze. No such regular poster here shares those sentiments. And if anyone did I would be disgusted with them. Even the extreme right wing posters on this board such as Bigtexxx wouldn't say such things.v

BTW adeelsiddiqui implicitly suggested that there are no Israelis that disagree with indoctrinating hate for Palestinians. That statement by all all measures is a blanket statement.

#32 fchowd0311, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  13. trustme

trustme Member

See my sig. Click on bobby quote and read those few pages.

14. fchowd0311

Then I stand corrected. Bobby is wrong. Innocence of civilians is not determined by their voting practices in a democracy. He is wrong and what his statement suggests is disgusting.

15. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Really? A blog post from the Gatestone Institute? May as well have been from Nina Rosenwald's personal diary. And what do you know, the Nazi card is played again.

And LMAO at this part:

"When will the world see that, if Israel were ever to lose, we would all be next? There cannot be a ceasefire until the firing from Hamas has ceased, and ceased for good."

ATW has just become really pathetic

16. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

1. Argumentum ad ignorantiam (appeal to ignorance). Fallacious reasoning - just because you haven't seen evidence doesn't mean there isn't evidence.
    2. It's not the sole casus belli. May I remind you of the rockets being fired into civilian areas in Israel? Regardless of whether the Iron Dome is picking them up or not, that is an act of war.
    3. Incorrect since it's not the sole casus belli.
    4. Irrelevant. Hamas itself continues to fire rockets into Israel. Israel has slowly broadened its mission from attacking specific splinter groups to Hamas as a whole.
    5. Fallacious - argumentum ad antiquitatem (appeal to tradition)
    6. "Reigned in by Hamas" - Hamas is designated as a terrorist organization by Israel, the United States, Canada, the European Union, Jordan, Egypt and Japan.
    7. See above: Hamas is recognized as a terrorist organization by many countries around the world. If Gazans cared about good government, they would reject Hamas. Israel is not trying to punish civilians, and its government has made every effort to attack only Hamas.
    8. Hamas is a terrorist organization and will always fight for its ideology at the expense of its own people (Gazans) and Israelis.
    9. Fallacious - argumentum ad antiquitatem

17. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

1. The burden of proof lies on Israel. If they assert something, they have to back it up with evidence. Pointing out they have not done so is not fallacious.
    2. Occupying another foreign territory is an act of war.
    3. That is one of the justifications used for these disproportionate responses by Israel. Ignoring that doesn't change the fact.
    4. Completely relevant. Israel needed a pretext to test new weapon technology and it's close to election time in Israel, so the best way to get support is to kill hundreds of Palestinians.
    5. You clearly don't know what an appeal to tradition is.
    6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi
    7. What is your point? Russia, China, Norway, Turkey, the UK and Australia (on Hamas as a whole) have not designated Hamas a terrorist organization. Hamas was legitimized as an organization by Israel itself in the early 1980's to counter Palestinian support to the PLO. If Israel cared about democracy, they would respect the democratic process that got Hamas voted into legislative power. Instead they collectively punished all the inhabitants of Gaza by blockading the entire region and then funded Fatah in an effort for a civil war that would oust Hamas. Instead Hamas took over the entire Gaza Strip. You can thank Israel for not supporting the fundamental principles of democracy. You are also forgetting that Israel has already admitted to collectively punishing the civilian population in Gaza when they stated the blockade's objective was to push Gaza's economy on the brink of collapse and ensure a humanitarian crisis.
    8. Israel has killed more civilians in a week than Hamas has killed in its entire existence. You're only fooling yourself if you think Hamas actually upholds its charter. I suggest reading the current status of that charter as well as the Carter Center's thoughts on it.
    9. Again, failing to understand what an appeal to tradition is.

1 person likes this.
  18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

from a Bayesian point of view, Deji is probably right

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So ATW advocating air strikes against Israel?

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm with Israel and the Western world on this one. Jihad and Sharia law have no support from me.

Unfortunate situation in Gaza though but if America were in the same situation we would do exactly the same as Israel, if not more.