1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Germanwings plane crashes in French alps with 150 on board

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And killing 149 people in the process. Just plain disgusting, I'm not religious but in cases like this I hope there's a hell and he will suffer unimaginable pain for the rest of existence.

Killing yourself is okay, but taking innocent lives? So disgusting.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is worse than the Ukraine downed plane.

People were knowingly murdered by someone they trusted.

This will change everything.

3. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2013/12/22/list-of-aircraft-accidents-caused-by-pilot-suicide/

5. justtxyank

Yeah, that Swedish soccer team not dying in this plane crash while 16 teenagers, 2 infants and a young American college grad DID die should make you believe in some sort of fate. Phew! Lucky soccer team!

1 person likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Quickly after the news, a French-speaking Islamist "fan group" on Facebook popped up for this guy. It is now deleted. I saw it when I was googling his name.

Not sure if that means anything.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

8. justtxyank

A statement like "This will change everything" implies a lot more than input control being changed on an airplane.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Saw the same why searching for the guy on Facebook, think those were just idiots that made assumptions and think you only down a full plane when you're commiting a terrorist act.

Also saw dozens of fake profiles popping up for the guy, those people are disgusting.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, but all your articles were about rapid descending, which in fact was changed for safety measures. You kinda disproved your own point.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The other pilots or attendants should be able to call mayday from outside of the cockpit for situations just like these. They should be able to directly communicate what is happening, and there should be a manual override from a control tower somewhere that unlocks the door so people can get in.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

I hope this isn't another cover up.

I can't recall if it was the late 90s or early 2ks but there was this crash involving an asian pilot. The story in the media at the time was asian pilot with a gambling problem and the crash was possibly a suicide. This led to a media beat up on asian pilots and how they might pose a greater risk because of their culture and gambling problems.

Then several years later it's reported his family with the help of the pilot's colleagues won a defamation suit against the engine manufacturer of the crashed plane. Apparently the pilot turned out to be a non-gambler, family guy. There was a manufacturing fault for that model of engine produced which caused the crash. It was Boeing or was it Rolls Royce? that had fabricated the gambling story to the media. The family won a few million but the engine company somehow saved hundreds of millions by doing it this way.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This would be the best solution possible imo.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Terrible news...

15. Major

Major Member

The whole idea of the locked door was to ensure there was no way for anyone outside having access. There's no perfect system here - it depends on the integrity of the people involved. So if any of the people are bad guys, then the system will fail.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It would be really hard to dismiss the Captain+the whole flight crew making a distress call, especially while the plane is continuously descending unnecessarily.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Should we be testing pilots for depression and bipolar disorder??

They can have rough lives.. but nothing ever excuses goin off the deep end like this. Maybe he had issues since before being hired

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There are psychological tests during their training, but sadly not afterwards. Agree that there should be a change regarding that (and in all fields where people's lives depend on a single person), an annual test or every two years maybe.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's a difficult situation all around. I don't see an easy answer if the name of the game is preventing entry by terrorists. Even a mayday and manual override by a tower is flawed if there is a terrorist behind the captain telling him what to do or say.

I'm not exactly sure what the five minutes buys you before the person can use the access code. But, it seems the person inside can just re-lock and prevent the access anyway from my understanding. It's a timing thing. Plus, if all is allowed after the access code is entered is a five second entry before it re-locks, then all the person inside has to do is push up against the door for five seconds.

I dunno...it seems crazy how that works. But, if you can't trust the people in the cockpit, the plane is doomed anyway. The co-pilot might as well have just pretended to be going to the bathroom and hit the pilot over the head from behind knocking him out. Then, he can do what he wants anyway.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'd rather just bet on the rarity of this type of scenario. I kind of assume pilots prefer trusting each other and would object to this in the spirit of teamwork and maintaining primacy of the cockpit