1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

German train 'axe attack': Many reported hurt

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 18, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wish to wage war? What the **** are you even talking about? I was against the Iraq war, as was my country's government. It's documented on this forum.

There is no moral equivalency. Only from where you stand - which is very, very close to the terrorists.

Again, there is no moral equivalency, which is what you are trying to pretend. Again, only from your extremist perspective, the terrorists are on equal moral footing to the West. They are NOT.

The only freak show here is run by you. You are an ******* whose ideology is very, very close to that of the terrorists. You are worse than Exiled, who is basically a clown. You are a whiny b**** who worked for a dictatorship and thinks you can lecture people here about morals. You also blamed a rape victim. You wished for an old man to live in fear for the rest of his life over a cartoon. You are disgusting scum.

1 person likes this.
  2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I like Berlin, but I don't feel safe there.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As a Jew, I wouldn't feel that safe there either, considering the high percentage of uneducated, often violent Muslims in Berlin and their attitudes.

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I had my iphone snatched by some kids that yelled "**** you Jew" and ran off which was a new experience for me. I experienced some anti-semitism in London as well but nothing on that level.

I was even more irritated when my German friends told it was my fault for talking to them in the first place and telling them where I was traveling from -- kind of like it was the fault of all those girls in Köln for being raped because they were friendly to men they didn't know.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's especially shameful when it happens in Germany. With our history, we should feel a special responsibility to ensure that nobody should ever do such things on German soil to Jewish people. Sadly, the German left strongly aligns with Islamists and is in fact at least as anti-semitic as the extreme right.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You also do have the cognitive ability to realize the fine line that white nationalists in Europe are spewing that could result in a new 'holocaust' but instead of Jews it's Muslims.

Is there more merit in 'hating' Islam and what it is doing to modern society than 'hating' Jews back in the day? Yes.. FAR MORE MERIT.

However, you cannot ignore that there is a significant portion of European White nationalists that hold the same or even more hatred of Muslims than the hatred of Jews that lead to the Holocaust.

It's a fine line is all I'm saying. A 'holocaust' or genocide targeted at European Muslims is out of the realm of possibility when it happened to another group of people less than a century ago in the same region? I don't think so. That's why we must be careful distinguishing criticism of Islam with hating Muslims at the individual level(which is happening in parts of Europe).

You speak of a 'responsibility', but shouldn't you have the 'responsibility' to ensure that another genocide doesn't happen even towards Muslim Europeans?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I for one appreciate ATW continuing to remind us of who Mathloom really is.

Without ATW around we would forget the important context of Mathloom's background when he calls on people to risk their lives to resist having their freedom taken away. You might read that post and just say "yeah!" and not remember that Mathloom himself lived under and profited off of a dictatorship and has expressed his desire to live in a county ruled by another one. His calls to resist should seem rather pathetic to anyone who knows his history.

Without ATW around we might also forget Mathloom's continued rationalizing if not outright sympathizing with terrorists who kill or try to kill innocents. His victim blaming of cartoonists and rape victims, his justification for terror attacks, drawing lines of moral equivalency between terrorists who behead women and children and Western governments, etc.

There are plenty of annoying posters on the BBS because of their partisan shtick, but few quite as disturbing as Mathloom.

#67 justtxyank, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

FChow, then maybe the moderates need to start taking care of their image by policing their own and take back control of the messaging, and try living within the rules of the country that generously let them in.

And yes Mathloom is part of the problem.

DD

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is Mathloom a radical who makes excuses for the terrorists and extremists?

If so, that is truly one despicable individual.

10. fchowd0311

??

All I stated is don't force down a narrative that could very well lead to a second 'holocaust' type of situation with the only difference being a different group of people being targeted. White nationalism in Europe does a VERY GOOD JOB at demonizing Muslims AT THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL. They are horrible with nuanced criticism of an ideology.

The holocaust and the systemic genocide of Jews during WW2 under Nazi Germany didn't happen over night. Most importantly... THE RHETORIC that resulted in such a horrible crime agaisnt humanity didn't occur overnight.

11. fchowd0311

I honestly wasn't a heavy user of the D&D during this alleged time where Mathloom was a terrorist sympathizer. If he was, than I can understand the hate agaisnt him. I only debated him recently so I don't know his post history that much.

12. DaDakota

That is the point though this is all heading towards exactly what you talked about a dehumanizing of a group of people - and possible genocide.

If Trump wins, you could see a missile flying and taking out millions with one button push.

DD

13. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... he posts a lot and has said some really bizarre things over the years.

The ones that really stand out to me are....

He believed that the Hebdo artists should spend the rest of their lives ashamed and afraid of a violent reprisal.

Just a few days ago he claimed that GW Bush would become a dictator in Turkey if he was in the same situation as Erdogan.

He constantly and consistently attempts to excuse, to the point of making bizarre and off topic comparisons and then claiming they are fact when he has no other footing.

A few years ago he also made some comments that were troubling.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The stuff on Mathloom has gotten too personal for my taste. Same with reproaches of ATW for what we might expect of a German. Also uncomfortable with people calling out other posters for being Stormfronters, and stuff like that. We don't really know each other in real life, so I prefer to argue with personas than the people behind them. Mathloom's history might be relevant if he was a politicians running for office or advocating for policy. But, he's just a guy saying his piece of the internet. Counter the argument, if you can.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Are you a Jew? I always felt you had tried your best to generate as much hate as possible toward Jews by igniting smear campaign toward others so they lash back

Assuming you are saying the truth then..just consider muslim as "khai" , otherwise Jews comes next in hate line

16. fchowd0311

The only poster I see that is called a 'stormfronter' is jcee15 who is the type of individual that would actually proudly claim that he is a 'stormfronter' so it wouldn't really be an 'insult'.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I called someone a stormfronter yesterday as a joking response when they said they preferred Nazis to terrorists and then proceeded to explain that the Nazis made Germany better in ways.

18. fchowd0311

So.. someone who would be proud to be labeled a 'stormfronter'.

Ya, I don't think we are dishing out the 'stormfronter' insult haphazardly.

19. DaDakota

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member