1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

German study claims devout Islamic youth more violence-prone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Amin al-Husayni was the only one who tried to collaborate with the Nazis. He is not a standard of all Palestinians, as you can see from his family. Jamal al-Husayni was not even close to being a radical like Hajj Amin.

And what you seemingly ignored is that Lehi also tried collaborating with the Nazis. You make such generalizations it is hard to tell if you even know what you are talking about in regards to Palestine.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm trying to figure out the bolded part. Did you intend to say "adverse effect?" If you did, you might recall the fate of Native Americans with regards to immigration. One could argue that they've had it worse than the Palestinians. Now, if you intended to say "diverse effect," I'm even more confused!

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Yeah, I meant adverse.

The case with the Native Americans is slightly different.
    - The area of America was unexplored and unknown to the rest of the world.
    - There was no easy way of communicating between the inhabitants and the immigrants.
    - There was no established authority, like there was in every other country/kingdom/state at the time.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I knew that was what you meant and was having some fun. I'm not so sure I agree with you about the Native Americans, however, although that's really a topic for another thread. I'll just say that the "inhabitants" were conversing with the settlers in New England from the earliest times and that there were advanced Indian societies there prior to the arrival of Europeans. The Iroquois League was formed sometime between 1450 and 1600 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois#History and had agriculture, villages, government... there were some "established authorities" that the Europeans could deal with. I'll quit with that.

I understand what you are trying to say, but simply defending my comment. :)

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) I have no clue what you are trying to say about Sammy Davis Jr. Are you saying that he does not have a historical connection therefore he should not be there?

2) Much like today, "attacks and counterattacks" is a very convenient term to ignore that 90% of the "attacking" power lies on one side rather than the other. Operation Cast Lead was a "Reaction". The flotilla murders were a "Reaction". Were they fair and proportionate reactions? No. Neither was the Palestinian reaction.

3) and Nazareth. You guys will lose your minds once you realize that the Saudi scholars are just waiting for Palestinians to take those places, so that Saudi can then take it from them lol. Frankly, the only one that matters is Jerusalem, because it was decided that it should be split in half and Israel have rejected that notion. The religious value of the cities is another matter - no one says you can't visit those cities whenever you like, and no one has to own those cities.

4) The extent of immigration, I think, is greatly exaggerated. In addition, you're ignoring that Britain allowed the immigration. Would you not immigrate there if you were a Jew (race) at the time?

Thanks for answering. For the Jewish race, Israel is home. For Sammy Davis Jr., wherever he lives is home. He is free to immigrate to Israel. He will be compelled to immigrate in 1950 if he felt that his country had turned a blind eye to the persecution of 6 million Jews just a few short years ago. If he felt that he wants to support the zionist movement of establishing a sovereign, secure state for Jews. Then again, if he wanted to live in America, then America is home.

What is the problem here? What is the point of this Sammy Davis thing?

6. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Do you really think that he was just the odd one out?

Have a look at his friends:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_nationalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Amin_al-Husayni

Sure, Lehi combined with the Nazis. But what they offered was to bring the Jews to Palestine in exchange for removing the British and recognizing Israel when formed.

In contrast, Al Husayni was singing praises for Hitler's "Final Answer" to the Jewish "problem". He was fighting for the right to eliminate the "Jewish elements" from Arab lands.

I'm telling you, there is only one conclusion we can reach, which is that Britain and (to some extent) the League of Nations screwed up.

I'm not condoning the terrorist actions that took place on either side, but I support the existance of Israel.

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

And have a look at his rival family:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashashibi

Or even some of his relatives:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamil_al-Husayni
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_al-Husayni

Amin al-Husayni is definitely not a standard you can use when generalizing all Palestinians. He's only prominent because of his family and his position as Grand Mufti. He became Grand Mufti only because his brother died.

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Ceratinly, not all Palestinians are/were like him. Nor were all Germans like Hitler.

But the fact that he had such a strong following is not a good thing. Why are you having difficulty admitting that this man had huge numbers of supporters and that's NOT a good thing?

The number of Palestinians who hated Jews because they were Jews was far too high. Do we agree on this?