1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green's Loyalty &Improvements Could Make Him Way More Valuable in 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 4, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is that a version of Westrook?

2. Acura

Acura Member

Ah yes let the circle jerk continue. You just are allergic to sticking to basketball talk and want to involve my genitals. Good day sir!!

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ahh yes more stupidity on your part. Considering you love jerking yourself off so much of course. Times are that rough for you eh

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Absurd.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think this thread has gone waaaay off-topic, so here’s some Gerald Green talk: I really appreciate this man’s loyalty to his city and team. While I don’t think he would command a really big contract, he’s definitely leaving money on the table by signing with the Rox for the vet min yet again.

As his athleticism wanes, if he wants to continue to be effective at all he’ll definitely need to work on his defense—and it seems like he is, which is encouraging.

Despite the fact that he can be occasionally frustrating to watch, I’m glad he’s on the team and accepting of whatever role he’s given here.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

And @Acura, a little civility never hurt anybody. I went through this whole thread and you’re coming across as pretty arrogant and, for lack of a better word, unchill.

Most people here are pretty cool folks. I’d suggest getting to know everyone better by reading their posts and getting a handle for who they are before crashing in like Russell Westbrook attacking the rim.

I don’t know you in real life (hell, I don’t even know you here yet) but I’m hoping everything mellows our a bit.

YOLO and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Acura

Acura Member

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this isn’t the thread where I was accused of giving myself oral sex. So yes I’m sorry if I can acfross arrogant in this thread. It’s just mind blowing how many people acted like Russ sucked and then as soon as the trade went through it looked like they hopped all over him.

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't like Westbrook either before the Rockets acquired him.

My first reaction to the trade was "oh f*ck no" because seeing such a massive upheaval of a team that was this close to the championship is pretty surprising, especially by trading for one of the least liked people on the forum. It is what it is, Russ is a polarizing player, just like James Harden is. It took me a hours of combing through a crapton of interviews and highlights to get to where I am now--genuinely excited about this upcoming season.

Opinions change, sometimes quickly. Especially quickly in sports. I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm certain I can find something to dislike about every superstar that's not on my team, and that means talking lots of sh*t about them. But I think all of us here will embrace Westbrook and we can all appreciate what he can bring to our favorite team.

TLDR: Having great disdain for Westbrook before he came and liking him once he's here isn't a bad thing, or even particularly noteworthy. It's just part of being a sports fan (or in my case, a Rockets homer):p

9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

No doubt! Remember how much we all hated CP3? Who the hell liked CP3 before he joined Rockets? Guy was hated because he 's so dirty.

Lets not forget how Dwight Howard was #1 or #2 overall most liked NBA player before he left Orlando. Now he and Melo are the most hated and can't even get a minimum contract.

Roomba likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was neutral-slightly positive on CP3 before he came here...I never hated him...I always had mad respect for his skills

I liked Russ until KD left and the media got to dickriding...it didn’t help that Harden was robbed of an MVP because of him...so I rooted for OKC’s demise at every opportunity the last 2 years except for when they played against GS

now I’m looking forward to seeing how Russ will do here and I’m good with getting rid of CP0 for him since there wasn’t any doubt in my mind that we weren’t gonna do a damn thing with a declining Chris Paul

Roomba likes this.