1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Georgia Toddler Shot] Just Despicable....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- Two teenagers were arrested Friday in the shooting death of a 13-month-old boy who was in his stroller, according to police in this coastal city.The suspects are a 17-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy, Police Chief Tobe Green told reporters Friday. He said they are being held on suspicion of first-degree murder.Green identified the older suspect as De'Marquis Elkins, saying he will be treated as an adult in criminal proceedings. The 14-year-old was not identified because of his age."We are turning every stone to get a motive," said Green. A weapon, believed to be a handgun, has not been found, but police expressed confidence they would find it.Police said they acted on a suspect description given by the baby's mother, Sherry West, who said she was with her son when the incident occurred.Officers checked school attendance records to determine who was not in classes Thursday, police spokesman Todd Rhodes said. No other suspects are being sought, he said.

Police offered a $10,000 reward for information and have received more than 30 leads. They were still following them Friday afternoon.West earlier told reporters that the incident occurred at 9 a.m. Thursday as she was walking home from the post office, pushing her son Antonio in a stroller."A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, "I don't have any money and don't kill my baby."The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."

West said she tried to perform CPR on her son and that the police took over when they arrived, but to no avail. "We lost him," she said.During the incident, the smaller of the two boys was hiding behind the larger one, she said. "I don't know whether it was his brother or a friend."West had said she hopes the boys will receive the maximum sentence possible. "If they can use a gun like an adult, then they can be charged like an adult," she said. "I want to see lethal injection or at least life in prison. This child did nothing to him. He was innocent and helpless."Though no one has reported seeing the shooting, several people called 911 after hearing it, Rhodes said.The city's website describes Brunswick, with a population of about 15,000, as "one of the most unique, historic and visually stunning places in the world." It boasts 19th century Victorian-style homes, century-old oaks and magnolia tree-lined streets.

This makes me sick to my stomach - CNN Link

--------------------------------------------

Honestly, they should line these kids up against a wall and shoot them in the face. This is just sick.

Take it to the D&D if needed cuz that's probably where this is headed.

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I know people from Brunswick, they were getting reports from their families and said it was just horrible.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

WTF is wrong in the world? How are people like this even made?

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Not sure about the 14 year old, but there is nothing redeemable about the 17 year old. Fry him.

5. Beavis Stiffler

First Newtown, now this.

I wonder what the NRA would do and explain about this.

There should be strict gun control laws and it would prevent anything like this from happening again.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Too quick.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even think of a punishment severe enough to fit this crime.

Rest in peace, Antonio.

8. Summer Song Giver

Preferably in public / broadcast on tv

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Take a wild guess at where the strictest gun controls are in the nation and see how manh people get killed by guns in those areas.

1 person likes this.
  10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

The 17 should never see the light of day again. Executing him would be too kind. Stick him in a cell with no window or light and leave him there to rot. I dont say that about every murderer, sometimes **** happens and you have to pay the consequences. This guy is just a sick, demented individual that needs to be punished in the most severe way.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Death penalty for the shooter - I don't want my tax dollars paying for them to eat or live in any way.

DD

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm getting Susan Smith pings from my Spidey sense. Like the toddler was shot point blank but the mama was grazed. Mama gave kids cloths away the next day. All the evidence available is a mom identifying a photo lineup.

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This is just disgusting.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I imagine solid cases have been made on just as little but good job focusing on facts instead of emotional context.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Funny thing about non-federal crimes committed in states you don't live in...

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

You guys are forgetting that you can't execute someone that was a minor at the time of the crime.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

[​IMG]

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news.../suspect-teen-didnt-shoot-ga-baby-lawyer-says

Suspect teen didn't shoot Brunswick, Ga. baby, lawyer says

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — The lawyer for a suspect in the shooting death of a baby who was killed in his stroller says his client is “absolutely” not guilty.

“My client is absolutely, 1,000 percent not guilty,” public defender Kevin Gough, who represents 17-year-old De’Marquise Elkins, told The Associated Press. He made the comments Monday, while preparing for Elkins’ first court appearance on a murder charge. It was scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday.

Earlier, a 14-year-old boy who also faces a murder charge appeared in court Monday morning in the death of 13-month-old Antonio Santiago in Brunswick. The baby was killed Thursday as his mother walked him on a Brunswick street.

At Monday morning’s hearing, the 14-year-old came into the courtroom shackled and wearing a baggy orange jumpsuit, The Florida Times-Union reported.

He glanced at the few members of the media allowed into the courtroom for the initial appearance as he shuffled to a lectern facing Glynn County Magistrate Tim Barton.

The magistrate told the boy he can’t set a bond since only Superior Court judges can do so in murder cases,

“I’m going to see that you get a lawyer immediately,” Barton told the boy.

The 14-year-old was in the eighth grade at Glynn Middle School before his arrest, said Jim Weidhaas, a spokesman for the Glynn County school system.

Elkins was last a student in the system in October 2011 when he left Ombudsman, an outsourced alternative school program, Weidhaas said.

The baby’s mother, Sherry West, said she was walking home Thursday morning when two boys confronted her and one of them opened fire. Police say she was shot in the leg, and her baby was shot in face.

Gough said he has demanded a bond hearing and filed a request for a speedy trial for Elkins.

“We look forward to our day in court,” he said.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The baby should have armed himself?

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Biggie on cue with the picture lol

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

You really think these boys got their guns legally? Legal guns are the only guns that will be messed with under gun control legislation.