1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Williams

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DoitDickau, Mar 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

What do ya think of this guy's nba chances? For those that don't know him, he's a 6-8 225lb f out of u of h.

After a terrific freshman his number have kind of regressed. average 14.5pt 8.5reb 40% 3pts as a frosh

As a junior averaged roughly 10 pts 7.5 rebs 2.5 as 2blks 33% 3pts

I hope he stays for his senior cause he is not ready and has a lot of questions to answer. I love everything about his game except his jumpshot. He kind of slings the ball when he shoots, and thus is really inconsistent outside of 15 ft. If he could fix that it could really take his game to the next level.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Great athlete, without much skill.

I remember in HS, he was a monster on the boards, averaging like 17 boards a game at Elkins.

3. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Whoa kidrock...he has lots of skills. When we played back in the day he didn't have a very good game against us from what I remember, but it was obvious that he had skills. He's a good rebounder, and a very good passer for his size--at one point while he was at Elkins I think he was in the top 5 in the city at every major category--was even leading the city in assists.

I think the reason his stats have tailed off is because 1) Bernard (dominic, now I think) Smith is kind of, well, ball-happy 2) Okafor and Truscott are new, pretty decent players, and 3) Williams is just a really unselfish guy. He'd been that way his entire career at Elkins and it appears that hasn't changed.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Premp-I guess I was more referring to Williams' shooting skills.

I would project Williams to be undrafted next year, get a shot at the NBA through training camp, go to the NBDL, and possibly catch on a team in a few years.