1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gentleman.. We can Rebuild Him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaonlyLA, Jul 15, 2018.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Just play him as the first big off the bench with a green light to shot and he will give us 15+/- points a night in less than 20 minuets of playing time. PLUS his a opinion for our pg to hit making everything in the offense “click”. One thing I saw last regular season was him busting his tail on both ends. (to no avail most of the time but the effort was there >> most can live with that.). He needs playing time and he will fix himself. He is a veteran player. Last season we just pushed him out as the TEAM found success from others while he was trying to work through a down time. As far as matchups when he 75% of his “good self” the other team needs to matchup with him. (GSW included). His role maybe or has changed but he is still a valuable player on this TEAM.

Aruba77 likes this.
  2. biina

biina Member

If I squeeze hard enough, am sure I can get a gallon of virgin oil from the concrete in my driveway!

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thanks for the thoughtful response. But by that rationale, why would we be going after Melo? He's a guy that's there to space and create off isolation; has the same defensive downside as Anderson.

4. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Does he want to be??? That's the bigger question.

If he thinks he can get another contract before retirement, then he should. However, all signs showing he wants to retired on his last fat contract on us

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The biggest advantage of Melo over Ryno is that Melo is not afraid to shoot. When Ryno passes up open shots, he is pretty much useless.

saleem likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Considering everyone here thinks he’s dead weight, I’m 100% confident that Ryan will play well next season. 20m good? Doubtful. But he will be productive. He was fine early in the season, particularly with CP. he got injured and could never get back in the groove with our new lineup. Full season, fresh start. He’ll be fine.

7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Melo at a cheap price is good value mainly, since he can still shoot 3's as well as handle usage while being a SF/PF. That comes into play when Harden is off the court and you need someone to take over on offense for a few plays. This doesn't seem like a big deal but over time it keeps our guards' legs fresher.

8. brosef

brosef Member

He needs to quit being a b**** and work on his game. Start earning that contract to stay in the league after his current deal.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's up to Anderson to fix himself. But, with our luxury tax situation and his salary, I don't see any scenario in which we'll stick with him no matter how good he makes himself. Either he's traded or he is waived and stretched. He'd have to be the second coming of the Christ to justify Tillman spending all that luxury tax dough.

DaonlyLA likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ryan Anderson lost weight prior to last season to improve his footwork and lateral quickness.
    Can he get quick enough for today’s NBA game?

If you do fix that, then you need to correct the Toyota Center-depth perception thing that is screwing with Ryan’s mind.

Ryan Anderson would be best served elsewhere.....an arena with a background that doesn’t contrast with Ryno’s color
    blindness.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i guess i've been out of the loop. Didn't realize that color blindness was contributing to Anderson's shooting woes. Which is weird because it hasn't affected him before now.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's never been officially stated or affirmed that he has color blindness (that I know of). It's a Clutchfans joke that is now a full blown urban legend.

Aruba77 likes this.
  13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

This mission is actually impossible

ApacheWarrior and PatBev like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It was a thread topic during the season. Suggestions on “yellow see at night better” glasses/goggles to tinted
    goggles.

I suggested he shoot deeper since I saw all his shots front rimming......must of been relayed to him because
    then I saw his shots clanking off the back iron for a period of time.

Then he barely drew iron front/back/either side. The slight hesitation due to lack of confidence was enough
    to render him useless.

If you look at his road/home 3-pt% it is as clear as night and day. per basketball-reference.com (splits)
    Reg season(17/18)
    Home-34.4% (3P%)
    Road-42.2% (3P%)
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderry01/splits/2018
    Reg season(16/17)
    Home-33.2% (3P%)
    Road-46.5% (3P%)
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderry01/splits/2017

It was an issue the previous year as well (16/17). The year before Houston Ryno was one of the best at Home (Pels)
    and worst on the road. Go figure.

#74 ApacheWarrior, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  15. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Maybe because he got married. :p

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He needs an emergency vagectomy.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

which one is ryno

19. Sanity2disChaos

After this contract they will be able to squeeze him in for the minimum!!

saleem likes this.
  20. BackdoorHarden

This guy is really color blind, unlike Ryno, the white Ryno