1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GATER Alert] Daryl Morey's Sports Business Conference at MIT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting stuff, my favorite is Rick Carlisle's suggestion to increase scoring by... making the hoop bigger.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-30-40/Lots-of-Smart-People-in-Boston.html

2. bbjai

bbjai Member

The hoops already bigger then regulation

does he want USA to suck further in the International competitions?

3. ABtheTerrorist

How fun would it be to just sit in on one of these conferences.I would just love sitting there and listen to different ideas about how we can make the game of basketball and the NBA better. And the people talking are not my friends, but people w/ intelligence and have a certain authority on the manner.

I think that the idea of awarding points for winning a quarter seems interesting but I just do not see that happening for the foreseeable future.

A bigger basket..?Not for me.Not for us.And it would hurt us in international play.

Call me a traditionalist,but i want to see more defence.I want to see people be able to play defence again. I want to see a game similiar to any game in the 90's in the Eastern Conference.Those early Pistons bad boys, the Knicks w/ Oakley and Starks and later w/ Spreewell and Larry Johnson, and the HEat w/ Zo and Tim Hardaway.
    The NBA will never go for this becuase thats boring for a lot of people. People love the fast pace Mavericks and Warriors teams and up until last week, the Suns.

I wonder if the NFL will start letting DB's play again or if it will continue working on scoring more points.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why the hell do we need more points?

WE DONT

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I have a great idea. Change 2 point shots to 20 point shots. Three point shots to 30 point shots. Records will be shattered in no time.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

WE need more points, THEY don't!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I've always liked the "bigger court" idea for the NBA ever since I heard it a while back. NBA players today are just so quick these days. Bigger court means better spacing which is more conducive to passing systems, which I like.

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I've always said the same thing.

There was no basketball I ever enjoyed watching more than a Knicks/Heat series in the days of Ewing/Spree/LJ/Houston and Mourning/Hardaway/Mashburn/Brown etc. Those games were wars.

I'll always remember Houston's running up-and-under shot to beat the Heat. How could anyone not love a final score like 73-71? :D

That would be pretty interesting. I wonder if they could test this stuff out in the NBDL beforehand or something.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Typical converation during Rockets game with bigger court:

Brooks: Yao, pass me the ball.

Yao: Who's talking?

Brooks: It's me, AB.

Yao: Where you at? I can't see you.

Brooks: Over here.

Yao: I see a red speck at the top of the key. That you?

10. uchlha

uchlha Member

we need the 4 pt line for antoine walker!

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I think they should go the other way, and put in the amusement park rims. Then they'll quit jacking up 3s and instead will try to dunk everything.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

:D :D :D