1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gasol MVP?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Nov 7, 2010.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

You were talking about how a player played without help, 05-07 certainly applied, now if you want to take post 07 era into account, Nique wasn't even close consider Kobe's 2 championships.

Insecure, what more insecure hater than trying to paint Gasol as the man since 2008? It's hater in denial at his best.

2. clippy

clippy Member

Kobe had one season that was statistically better than 'Nique's best, and that was 2005-2006. Aside from that, they put up pretty much identical numbers, and that includes the other two years Kobe didn't have "help". I will concede that Kobe is a marginally better player than Wilkins, but they are in the same tier (along with guys like Drexler & Gervin). Kobe will be remembered better because of the titles, and that's fine, but objectively speaking, you can't really factor in winning when comparing individual talent because it is a team sport. (By this same token, Wilt was much, much better than Russell).

Kobe was the best player on the team in 2008 and 2009, but since then, it has been Gasol. Gasol was better in the Finals and he's better this year. Kobe will probably get more praise because he's still the face of the NBA. I don't care because I form my own opinions instead of getting spoon-fed by the media.

3. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

And it's just your opinion. By now if you don't get why you feel insecure and have to troll in every single thread, you should get your IQ checked.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Here.. I'll rephrase it for you... He's the best CENTER in the league (since he plays Center half the time he's on the court).

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Praising Gasol.....is like Praising Dirk with his acting.......

2010 where players who can act like they just got hit by a mack track get all the benefits.

Because of this sole reason, I can't compliment him