1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary St. Jean is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Oct 16, 2001.

?

Gary St. Jean is...

1. An idiot.

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. A jerk.

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. A steaming pile of crap.

11 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Screwed because Jackson is going to make him pay.

13 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Just doing his job.

34 vote(s)
    27.2%
  6. All of the above EXCEPT "Just doing his job."

54 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

It was my opinion that I had read where GS knocked Jackson as a poor attitude and work habits. Then the Rockets tryed to work a deal with GS before he signed the contract here and could not get their calls returned. Then GS says they can not let him go without getting anything in return, hell you can't get anything in return if you don't talk to people. Someone is lieing in this deal.

Since I am a Rockets fan I am going to believe it is GS.

2. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Rokkit,

Good points, and I completely understand that. I find your comparisons interesting though. Guards like Maxwell are pretty much a dime a dozen in the NBA today. Streaky shooters, but troublemakers. Hell, we have the king of htem on our team (Rider). So him I could see letting go for no cost. Pippen, a little different, he has some value. Granted, due to salary cap restraints and things, it would be tough to get a lot for him, so letting him go might not be that bad of an option after all.

However, Jackson is cheap (what, $3 mil a year?) and a big man, possibly the toughest commodity to fill in the NBA today. No team in their right mind would just let him go for nothing. I think Swopa has made a few strong points so far. I also think Jackson's overreacting a little with all of his comments so far. In a while, dude will realize that unless he sacks up and plays well, no team is going to trade for him. Look at Ike Austin. When he was playing well, he was in demand like you would not believe. Now that he's sucking, no one wants him. Same thing would happen to Jackson if he slacks off.

He might be a bit of a problem in the locker room, but on the court he's gotta play well, if he has any common sense at all (granted, in today's NBA that seems to be a missing ingredient in a lot of players). The only person Jackson can hurt by being an @sshole about this is himself.

The rest of you,

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23449">Still disagree with me?</a>

3. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

My problem isn't that Golden State matched the offer, but that they strung the Rockets and MJax along for 15 days without any reason. If they didn't want to let him go without compensation, they could have...

1) Made a deal with the Rockets before the offer sheet became official

or 2) let everyone know their intent a week ago so the Rockets could make another move.

Instead, they waited 15 days sending MJax yet another signal that he really isn't wanted. Nice. :mad:

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Again, how do we know that the Warriors knew from day 1 that they wanted Jackson? They really could've not decided until yesterday.