1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Payton on Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets88MT, Nov 18, 2014.

1. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MT0GIAPqF6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not sure who the tougher guy was in a suit. KD or Payton :rolleyes:

Laughed when Gary said KD doesn't talk trash to anybody. It's clearly the easier option for the media to take the side that is against Dwight

2. Ghost_of_Akeem

Dwight Howard would stick Gary Payton directly up his ass if he wanted to. Gary is such a hypocrite, back when he played he was always the biggest loudmouth on the floor but nobody was ever afraid of him. I remember attending a Rockets game in 94 when we played the Sonics at the Summit and Mario Ellie called Gary out as a f***** and Gary didn't do ****, he just pretended he didn't hear it even though fans like myself on the 5th row did hear it.

I still remember it to this day. Such a classic.

3. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

We're not playing to be liked. We are playing to win games. The **** outta here with that Gary.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, this is GP though for better or worse.

I don't think it was even a slight at Dwight. At the end it sounded more like all of these guys are just all talk. When the other guy mentioned that Durant is in a suit talking trash GP said all of them are just woof woof woof and that they aren't going to do nothing. They give this guy a platform to talk trash and he will gladly accept it.

This shouldn't be a story IMO because GP talks trash. He used to be NBA TV and would just straight trash players. Saying this guy sucked or that guy sucked, was kinda funny.

As for this thing with Dwight, if Dwight is disliked so what? Kobe was disliked by many players and won rings, hopefully this will fuel Dwight to put in that extra effort to shut these guys up.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Subtitles please.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

name of the blonde girl please

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

last nite the grizz commentators said "harden is one of the most disliked players outside of houston". for whatever reasons, it appears that H&H are not favorites among the current nba workforce. wonder how this will affect free agency next summer

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

Gary Payton, out of the league for 5 years gossiping about who may or may not like who.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny, that's was my impression when he was speaking.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Former Laker gonna former Laker, what can you expect? That being said, I have the sentiment of other posters. Howard is so wealthy, big, and physically imposing that he has no choice but to laugh at his adversaries. He's gonna do his thing (20/10 night in and out) and be d***ed how the media perceives his "attitude." Dwight would rip apart Payton in a street fight, no contest. He's the bigger man for not rubbing this fact in people's faces. Payton is barking up a tree he knows he'll never have to back up...thankfully for him.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Who's that chick?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Saw Ish Smith in the crowd

13. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Gary Payton is now just a fat ass with a big mouth. Dwight would toast this punk like he was taking a dump.

14. conquistador#11

what would it be like for howard to play ball under coach boone?
    "why are you smiling. you think basketball is fun?"
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/megNGAc9_i8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. 713

713 Member

dem legs on Charissa Thompson!

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

You can call Dwight a lot of things but fake isn't one of them. Especially when compared to Kevin Durant. The same Kevin Durant who wants to be called "The Servant" as opposed to the(freaking amazing) Slim Reaper. You don't take on soft nickname like that unless you're trying to build your brand and and sell your product. Durant has producer credits on The Offseason: Kevin Durant. It's a commercial for KD. Making money is something that I have NO problem with. But when you go about it like KD you don't get to be called authentic.

The Servant:rolleyes:

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

#EmbraceTheHate

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is the thing....... Its getting popular to talk trash to Howard..... Its popular to hate on him already.... Why? I have absolutely no idea but I will say this..... Howard is well aware of what's going on and I can tell you right now that if this was happening to me or you on a daily basis in our workspaces that it would only be a matter of time before we went off on someone. One of these days some one is going to make a big mistake and Howard will unload whatever the league is building up inside that man. Its kind of funny thou that the smaller guys talk more trash to him than the bigs.....

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

At the end of the day when the games matter Dwight just needs to show up... last night wasn't good at all.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I can't understand Ebonics.