1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak fired

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Dec 6, 2013.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

That's the feeling I got as well. Now I really want the Texans to go 0-3 the rest of the way. Phillips is more a part of the problem than any solution.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

He wants Wade as head coach, Keenum as starting QB, and to keep all the rest of the staff in tact.

With loyalty like that, how can you not expect this team to make the jump from 2-14 to the Superbowl in short order??

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It definitely seems like Bob thinks we have already have a roster we can't compete with. And honestly, it's not THAT different from the team that started 11-1 last year so I understand that.

I think that loosing to Jacksonville TWICE confirmed to Kubes that the problem was coaching and not talent. However much talent you think we actually have, we have more talent than the Jags and there's no way we should've lost those games based on talent.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Really wish the title of this thread would have been: McNair's Treatment of Kubiak.

Also, can Bob please give a call to Ray Horton?

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm pretty confident that he'll be the next coach of this team. No one else even makes sense. And it's a good fit for him as well.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lost in all of this. Marciano sill has a job?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Dungy has been rumored elsewhere, including Washington (Dungy supposedly wouldn't consider due to working with Snyder). Actually would prefer someone with some fire (eg, Gruden or Cowher) but Dungy is such a class act, and so respected, even his quiet approach would help right the ship.

But guessing the real candidates would be Lovie Smith and Greg Roman.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

repped, He said it without saying it more than I expected. It was pretty blatant. Schaub getting in the game is why Kubiak was fired.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

10. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Looks like the only other person being let go after this is Scrub from this press conference. If that is true and nobody else from the staff is let go then we will only win 5 games max next season. It sounds like Mcnair has been brained washed that Kubs was the main problem and everyone else on the staff can win games

1 person likes this.
  11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

can anyone send me a link to the video you guys have been watching?

12. Cannonball

Pretty much confirmed that Rick Smith will not be fired. Doesn't seem like he'd be up there on that podium, talking as if he had a hand in the decision to fire Gary, if his job was in Jeopardy. That plus McClain going heavy on being McNair's mouthpiece earlier this week.

13. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Who thinks this team has the talent to win big with just a little tinkering? We've been utter crap since the New England game last year. We don't have a boat load of star power and we have zero depth. Hell some of the depth we do have are going to be cap casualties next year (possibly cut Antonio, daniels not resign Tate). Cap management has not been good, part of the reason Smith needs to go along with some pretty week drafts.

I hope Wade does not end up the next coach. I do not want Cowher, Gruden or Dungy. Maybe 5 years ago, just think they have been out of coaching to long.

I wish McNair would not rule out college coaches as an option. Would love to take a look at Shaw from Stanford. If he want's pro experience go with O'Brien from Penn St or Lovie.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

THANKS OBAMA!!!!!!!...:grin:

Suddenly, it feels like it's sunny and 70deg in Houston!

I think I'm getting off early to have a picnic with my wife! Ciao baby!!!

15. Cannonball

BTW, the requirements seem to be NFL experience and HC experience. Not necessarily NFL HC experience. So that allows for a college HC with NFL experience. Someone like David Shaw who prior to Stanford had been on the staffs of the Ravens, Raiders, and Eagles.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If they coach Bob wants asks for his own guy then Smith will be gone. It's simple...at least I hope.

17. Major

Major Member

You're not going to let your whole staff go with 3 games left because there's no one who's going to come in from the outside to replace them for 3 weeks. The rest of the staff will be dealt with after the season.

1 person likes this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

IF that's the case, then all of this is going to be very, very disappointing.

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I am. Kubiak kind of reminded me of my dad in terms of hair style and manner. I feel bad for him and the way things have turned out. As a fan, I don't know what the hell happened this season and find it hard to believe it's turned out this way.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This would be my pick.

Of course, I also wanted Kubiak back in 2002, so what do I know...