1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Kubiak fired

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Dec 6, 2013.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Is Bob going with them to Denver?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nah. [I don't know]

That's some serious local media stalking! :p

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

Best of luck to him. I didn't hate him like some people did. We're all human beings in the end.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kubiak is a class act and I believe he deserves another chance. Good luck Kubiak

5. Remix

Remix Member

Guessing Kubiaks system and the lack of audibles is going to have to take a backseat to Manning

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gary Kubiak is a good offensive coordinator but a bad head coach. Denver will figure out that he will always get out coached. OBrien > Kubiak

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

Nope. Kubes limit his plays or tailors his plays based on the ability of the QB.

8. conquistador#11

they said the same thing about hoodie and pete. infact, pete had a lot of kubiak in him during the NE years. he deserves another chance. don't understand all the hate for the guy. is it that hard for some to wish someone else to bounce back? it's not like he pippened us.

9. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Your right i'm sorry. We are all sorry. Football isn't a business after all. we should have kept him after the mediocrity he lead us to, or the completely conservative play calling and horrible game management decisions, or the way this team downplayed to level of opponents and was generally unprepared against great teams, or even sticking with a certain QB over a hall of famer because that was his "guy"(guess it doesn't matter now),because I mean whats more important here? Hugs or wins?

Don't kid yourself. Kubiak was a nice guy, but a horrible head coach. I am completely glad he is gone because B'O'B is simply a great coach and he made me realize just how even more awful Kubiak was than I thought. Man O man, Broncos fans are in for at least 4 years of mediocrity. And what's worse is that they are trying to bring Rick Dennison over there too.

But hey, with Kubes and Dennison, the Broncos win the Superbowl in 2016. I'm calling it like soooo many other Broncos fans. These fans are different. They aren't like the Raiders fans who thought I was stupid for not thinking their team was going to go 10-6 with all of the old vets they signed.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kubiak may not be a great coach, and maybe you don't even think he is a good one, but calling him a "horrible" coach is just stupidly wrong.

11. Major

Major Member

That's a weird rambling response that did nothing to challenge the post you were responding to. :confused:

12. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

that wasn't the point. I was just giving my OPINION on Kubiak. And yes, in my OPINION, Kubiak is horrible. awful. dreadful. you name it. You can throw Matt Schaub in there too. I guess we all just forgot the nightmare of the 2013 season, but I didn't.

1st and 10, run
    2nd 5, play action pass. Sack
    3rd and 15, HB Draw

13. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

You know what, now that I think about it, I'll give Kubiak credit. We probably would have only been blown out like 20-42 against the Pats.

14. Major

Major Member

No - you just seem to have forgotten the previous few seasons and let one season cloud your views. I was for getting rid of Kubiak as far back as 2010 or so. But he wasn't horrible - just not very good. But an endless number of not-great or even horrible coaches in their first stint have been great in their 2nd ones. Just as many great coaches in one stint never duplicate that success anywhere else. So I don't see how we can make much of a judgment on what he will do in Denver with completely different personnel and talent.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Kubiak seems like a classy guy. And while he did make the Texans respectable, he couldn't take them to the next level. Maybe I'd feel a little bit different if McNair didn't hold onto him for so long, and had to endure that 2-14 atrocity. It's just that I don't want him to fail, but I don't want to necessarily see him succeed either, at least in winning it all. And maybe that's because he couldn't do it here for us.

In any case, reading comments from obvious Broncos fans, I don't think they really know what they are getting. Seems Kubiak is Fox 2.0, just an offensive-minded coach instead of defensive. You let go of a guy that has taken 2 different teams to Super Bowls and replace him with a guy that's won 2 playoff games. It's like you're going from Rick Adelman to Kevin McHale imo.

That said he is deserving of a second chance. Hopefully he'll improve on his weaknesses.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He just turned around a underperforming Ravens O-line into one of the best, and turned Justin Forssett into one of the most productive running backs in football.

Had Ray Rice not been suspended, chances are he would have had a renaissance-type season (and with his pass-catching ability, would have put up huge total yardage numbers).

Given the quick turnaround in Baltimore (and respectable showing in the playoffs), I'd say the NFL still hasn't totally figured him out...

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Denver's offense was fine until Peyton got hurt. I don't know how kubiak would really help with that.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Good luck to him. He's a very classy guy.

I hope he's successful in what might be a re-build of Denver. (if Manning retires)

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Kubiak is the greatest coach in franchise history. No hate for him here. I wish him the best of luck.

20. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Not to be rude, but obviously he is when we have only had Dom and Kubes lol.I don't have some death wish on Kubiak, but I just think the hire for Denver is confusing. There was talk in another Thread about how John's squad looked soft against us in practice. How the hell does bringing in Kubiak change any of that? I definitely don't see either how he is able to lead that team to a superbowl. He may not stink it up like 2013, but we all have seen it first hand. Poor game management decisions and conservative play-calling does not win you the important games in the NFL. I just don't see this squad with Kubiak achieving anything past the Divisional Round.