1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garcia appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Nov 25, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hit many many shots in Rio Grande Valley.

It's just the back-up QB effect. Fans clamor for the next unknown guy to get playing time.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

When I was a little kid I loved baseball and I always liked the hitters; pitching was incredibly boring.

We've got a lot of little kids on the board who only see shooting and no other part of the game.

Garcia deserves respect!

3. bongman

bongman Member

19-2 run last night while Garcia was in. It's not hard to respect somebody who sits on the bench most of the time but gives it his all when his number is called. Glad we have him.

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I am amazed people don't get why he is getting play right now. Think people ! We are not even a "dirty dozen". We have to have superior defense to have any hope of winning till the troops return, or a trade happens. That's the one asset that Garcia can bring that Daniels, et all have no skill set in. I don't mean shuffling your feet. I mean, screw up your drives, piss you off, throw you off your game plan defense. The kind the Spurs excel at.
    Garcia, for all his faults has that in spades. imo.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Pitching is an art man. Best part of baseball.

So much thought in to every pitch.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And he can guard Melo, KD, and so on.

7. JazzLakerHater

I like his toughness and grittiness, but the dude just can't hit a open jump shot to save his life.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

gracias Cisco for cheerleading

9. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

garcia cant hit shots. but considering he is like our 11th man at full strength. he doesnt make dumb mistakes , and when he has to make a decision he usually makes the right one. Daniels given his opportunities would prob be making more shots. but would be a complete negative anywhere else on the court.

10. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

I think one of the reason why Garcia is still playing is because of his size as a defender..which means garcia, ariza, papanikalou, harden can switch a lot of matchups during pick and roll coverage (which is what I saw happen a lot during the rockets-mavericks game). Also probably because he rebounds better than daniels?

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah Garcia is 7 inches taller than Canaan, if people sometimes wonder why he is in there. (To defend). If you look at the offensive rating and defensive rating, it shows Garcia is significantly better defensively and worse offensively. I think choosing the defender is the better choice for us much of the time.

12. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I'm glad he plays with heart when his number is called, but I'd be even happier if he started making at least 35% of his threes. So far into the season, Cisco FG% is a gruesome 23% and his 3PT% is even worse. He's shooting 20% from there. That's beyond horrendous.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I have to admit, while the effort is there, his numbers are just not cutting it. He's getting plenty of opportunities, but I've had enough of these 1 or 2 baskets on 5+ shots from him. He better find his stroke soon! I'd say give Daniels all his minutes, but I rather we wait with that until the guy does more than shoot threes and foul.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daniels has been disappointing as well, I'd rather find a swingman who can consistently shoot above 35% from 3 and has an overall game to save some games Memphis and Clippers.

At least make them more competitive.

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Garcia needs to go to the Vipers and to find his shot. They shoot 60 3's a game. Garcia finds is shot in RGV and shows it off in Houston.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I just did some research on Garcia's stats. Dude is playing worse than the average BBS poster. 18% from 3, 25% from the field and 25% from the free-throw line. He's making Dwight look look like Stephen Curry. He needs to get it together, quick.

Also, this isn't just a slump. He shot 53% from the free-throw line last season.

I really thought Garcia would bring his summer game to the table this season, but he is playing beyond bad. He is a shooter who can't shoot This is embarrassing.

17. Ghost_of_Akeem

Garcia is a scrapper and a tolerable sufferance at this point. His defensive intensity and IQ are better than anyone else we have on the bench to replace him. His shooting is an eyesore but a tolerable one considering the alternatives of putting Daniel's out there and watching opponents moonwalk past him for easy points.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Coaches don't need to worry about him pouting when he doesn't get the minutes. Papa was getting all his minutes during preseason and Oct and early Nov. But he's a team guy, he even signed for the vet minimum 2nd year in a row.

He might not be shooting too well now, but there will be a game in the future when he will deliver. Right now we can depend on his defense, like in the DAL game.

19. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

He's a deep 2pt shooter trying to hit 3's, and missing.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Damn. Thought he was traded or something. Got me excited for nothing...