1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garage Door Opener (Need some help)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4chuckie, Feb 26, 2005.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

My remote for my garage door opener quit working last week. I figured it was just the battery (amost 7 years old), because my g/f's remote still works fine.
    So I went to Radio Shack and got a new battery, plugged it in and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe once I took the old battery out and replaced it that the remote needs reprogrammed (which means getting out the instructions), but wanted to see if there was any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance

2. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

There's an initialization proceedure, that should be in the manual if you have it, maybe even written on the garage door opener itself. Maybe an online search will help you find it.