1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by EssTooKayTD, Sep 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hit level 27, only 13 in dz but it does get a bit better when you upgrade everything. There is a lot of side missions.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Are you picking up and checking out the intel? That's a big part to me. Also, if you find it boring, run your missions on hard or challenging (not sure if Chal is a option while you are going through it). It will make the missions more about using your skills together rather than just pulse and kill.

Once you get up near cap or at cap, the game really is about getting that gear, and it's fun to me at least. I have a lot of hope in the content to be released over the course of the year. If it's flat, then I don't see myself grinding/farming the same things over and over for no reason.

The new gear sets that come out tomorrow are promising though.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

IMO the game opens up when you hit level 30. There's just more to do once you hit level 30 like specializing your character and really working towards your desired build.

At lower levels, I didn't care much for going into detail on all the stats of my gear/weapons. But now I read everything for the gear/guns and try to get all my stats to work together for my "tanky" build.

4. EssTooKayTD

something to keep in mind, is they are making crafting worth it more at lower levels since upgrading materials is more expensive come tomorrow's patch.

5. EssTooKayTD

Thought I'd share this with those who are frustrated with the dark zone. Pretty much everyone is running a max firearms and stam build or, to a much lesser extent, a sticky bomb build. If you watch any of the youtubers, check out Skill-Ups latest build that basically has you using skill power along with sentry's call. Slot smart cover and pulse.

You (and opposing agents) will be surprised at the mitigation smart cover gives you as well as it's offensive buff. Add the stronger pulse you'll have, and you won't die in 2 seconds anymore! I've actually been able to kill opponents even when they get the jump on me. If your squad uses the smart cover too, you guys will be unstoppable. Have someone else with low skillpower use immunizer support station, so shock turrets and incendiary rounds get nullified.

Tell those fools with crappy pulses to swap it out for something else, as yours will overwrite theirs and always be up so it's a wasted skill slot.

Check out the 1.2 notes as well. I really hope they come through on what looks like good changes.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A month later I am 30 / 47 and I dunno, the game is grindy as ****.

Once I hit 30, i went in the DZ and another player saw my gear score and was like, let me carry you for a bit so the game is not terrible. Got like 40 yellows in an hour. That was fun, but after the intital upgrades, the game is meh.

Looks like the heavy duty gear patterns cost like 200k+ plus DZ money. At level 47, I only have like 65k. I can't even imagine running the same circle around the DZ, farming gear, to get to the 2 million or so dz money it would cost to min / max my character.

7. EssTooKayTD

You can try +XP gear, or just run in matchmade groups. The farming is not too bad, especially since you are undoubtedly going to run into rogues, or be on a team that likes to go rogue themselves. That's the fastest way to level.

I used to shy away from the DZ a bit b/c every PvP encounter ended in me getting killed in 1.5 seconds. Then I watched Skill-Ups video on a build that uses sentry's call set and getting skillpower up. Slot pulse and smart cover, and you'll find PvP is much more fun. Your mitigation is much higher, and the cookie cutter players are surprised you aren't dying. You get a dmg buff from smart cover and your pulse is strong from all from skillpower. I think this is how PvP was supposed to be.

I haven't gotten any gear from the DZ even though I hit 75 a couple days ago. Maybe my gloves or chestpiece, but I even think those were daily mission drops. So you don't need so much DZ funds. I thought I would be short of any weapon plans once I hit DZ75, but it worked out somehow. I had plenty of funds.

8. joesr

joesr Member

Proud daddy on the xbox

Just got my third piece set.

9. magman

magman Member

Anyone else hit a wall? I see people with 290k dps and 100k+ Health and over 30k electronics.

I feel like I will never be able to do that, guessing it requires alot of 240 gear?

Overall pretty happy with the build, just wish I could reroll talents on some of my guns, or afford some bluprints in the DZ.

[​IMG]

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I just can't bring myself to play this game anymore.
    They need a Diablo 3 style gameplay revitalization.

11. EssTooKayTD

1.2 has been out a while now, and it is a step in the right direction

1.2 is out, and I like it.

I already enjoyed the game, but was very scared of how RNG made everything so impossible. It's been improved with their adjustments to the loot system. It's nice to get loot and actually look at it wondering if you should use it instead of insta-decon.

The new PvE content is in the form of HVTs, and I like them. Worth the time as the rewards are pretty good. The high risk ones are particularly fun to me. I'll go with one other friend, and it gets pretty intense.

DZ06 in the new DZ bracket is fun as well since you can't just mow down NPCs.

The new incursion is fun and not drawn out like Falcon Lost. You still need a decent group to do it. The new gear sets are interesting, but I've found myself still rocking 1.1 set pieces.

12. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I really enjoy this game. My biggest complaint though is everyone uses the same weapons. Augs, Vectors, and M1s. I was hoping 1.2 would change that but IMO no other guns are worth it.

13. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

14. Gleong

Gleong New Member

Beat both Incursions for the first time this weekend! The battles are intense. What an adrenaline rush!

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Havent touched it in 1.5 months, got very stale

16. EssTooKayTD

There are a few others that come to mind. LVOA-C is a high RoF AR that only has vertical climb. Shotguns are super fun, but obviously very situational. With a sentry set, it allows you to still stack the buff on enemies up close.

I am lucky enough to have a Caduceus, and it is simply too good to not use even compared to many 204 weapons. I run smart cover and pulse with about 30K skillpower.

I can:
    - do dmg with a great pulse and smart cover dmg increase
    - take dmg with >50% mit from smart cover
    - heal myself with both smart cover and my gun (self-preserved), very important since I am not running first aid
    - have faster cooldowns from smart cover and my gun (coolheaded)

17. joesr

joesr Member

Love my Lmg

18. EssTooKayTD

New DLC tomorrow for PC and XBone! Sorry PS4 :/

I'm excited for the changes and new content!

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm sad to say I basically stopped playing at level 25 and see little reason to keep going. I'd like to beat the game and try out the "real" Deadzone, but I just don't have the desire to keep fighting the same characters over and over again while doing essentially the same quests. Granted I've had to solo pretty much the entire game. (I don't really like grouping with randoms that just run through everything)

As much flack as Destiny gets, I still think it's the better game out of the two. (I played it a bit over the weekend, it was a lot of fun after taking many months off -- really looking forward to the new expansion.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, I don't think I will play the expansion.

Game is just meh.