1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by EssTooKayTD, Sep 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Challenging mode on WarrenGate Power Plant? First time I ragequit the game. You absolutely cannot play with randoms on that mission.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been having a blast with this game. Glad to have picked it up and just got the season pass. Extracted a high end Socom M1A out of the Dark Zone. I just knew a pack of rogues were gonna gank my party at the extraction point.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Did anyone farm bullet king before it gets patched tonight? Ended up with 350 Phoenix credits, high end assault rifle, and tons of purples converted into mats in about 4 hours of farming lol.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just installed it, got to level 3 but couldnt go into Manhattan cuz game was only at 60%. Any of you playing together here?

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

:(

Why didn't I know about this. :(

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I farmed a different boss in the final hour before reset and got a Caduceus with 6 minutes to go before the server downtime.

7. joesr

joesr Member

Does the season pass do anything right now? I know it is for the expansions to come

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The changes from the patch should make the dark zone interesting tonight.
    - increased phx creds from named 31s and 32s.
    - increased HE drop rate on them as well
    - loot boxes are actually worth opening now
    - dying as a rogue carries a less stiff penalty

I farmed a little, but not a ton. I can run instances/missions over and over, but to go and kill the same guy over and over where the repeating cycle is like 30 seconds. Can't do it.

Caduceus dropped for me during one of the hard mode daily missions for me last night. I have the Vector and the Liberator a crafted as well. The part that sucks? I had just crafted the Liberator 2 days ago, haha.

9. EssTooKayTD

I'm not sure of all the benefits off the top of my head, but I believe cosmetics outfits and maybe some in-game consumables?

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Had to catch up to my friend last night and I jumped from level 10 to 21 last night. Hoping to get to level 30 tonight and start doing some DZ stuff.

I love the proximity communications in this game. Its always funny to run across groups and them asking you what you're doing and/or not to try anything lol.

11. EssTooKayTD

Yeah. I run across a lot of mouth-breathers when I group with randoms though. Mic is constantly open, and you just hear them breathing. It's gross and creepy.

Man 10-21 in a night, pretty hardcore.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I haven't grouped up yet beyond the beta, I've just been soloing missions. I really love the game, it reminds me a lot of Destiny -- which I was infatuated with for quite some time.

I'm level 6 now, I just wish I had enough time to play more. I could, but then I wouldn't have time to play my guitar or study. If only I could quit my job and play video games all day. :)

13. marky :)

Yeah. Pretty much ran through all the side missions on all the section of the left side of the map and whatever encounter I ran into I did. I think also since the person I was with was higher level than me, the enemies were 3 levels higher so got more XP(if thats how it even works).

I'd say for people starting to play, don't waste your time buying/crafting stuff now until you reach level 30. I forgot where I read it but it's better to deconstruct all the items you don't use and just save it until level 30 to craft better gear/guns. Just upgrade your stuff through what you pick up.

14. EssTooKayTD

This is one of the few games where I want to take my time and just check out everything as I play. Unfortunately, with randoms, they just want to run through it as fast as possible. The dark zone even, I mean there is a lot of things to take in, but too often you are just running around when in a random made group.

Hanging bodies, JTF soldiers lined up and executed, hog tied and murdered. Massive made this crazy world, and it seems like 75% of the people if not more are just running by it.

15. marky :)

I've gone exploring too and theres a bunch of stuff to see all over the map.

I think since this game is pretty much loot based. Everyone wants the high end gear/weapons as soon as possible. So I think everyone's path right now is to hurry up to level 30 and when they get all the high end gear/weapons they want people will start doing the collection missions(holos, cellphones, planes, etc.) Usually doing those will force people to explore.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's why I've been soloing, I don't like being rushed. I love game art, and like you said a lot of love went into this one. I want to take time and look at things as I go, and explore.

I just have a lot of apprehension grouping with randoms.

17. EssTooKayTD

So only went to the DZ a couple of times yesterday. First trip, tons of PvP going on mainly between two groups. Got caught in the middle and died. Wasn't in the mood for it, so did my hard daily missions.

Went back later with a buddy, and farmed some NPCs. There were a ton of them too. No Rogue action, but I did feel like I was looking over my shoulder the whole time.

Ended the night picking up two randoms to run the challenging daily. The consulate it was I think last night? Was a bit lengthy, but fun.

I'm really wanting to see what the incursions/operations are about.

18. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

A friend told me that apparently when Ubisoft went to adjust the penalties for going rogue, they accidentally removed all penalties, so basically it was open season in the DZ. I hope that got fixed, I need to start farming the Zone for golds.

19. EssTooKayTD

How did they miss that during testing...

20. EssTooKayTD

Info was released Friday I think.

Incursion update on 4/12.

- One Operation added, Falcon Lost. Seemed to imply more incursions/operations to come. No checkpoint. Do it or start over. Probably really short.
    - Recommended gear score for Hard mode, and Required gear score for Challenge.
    - Gear score to replace item level once you hit level 30 cap.
    - Operation is supposed to be much harder than current Challenge missions. Requires synergy and tactics.
    - Supply drops coming to Dark Zone. Loot crate dropped once an hour guarded by very tough NPCs. Once NPCs are killed, box can be looted by one party, and they get item(s). Doesn't need to be extracted. This should be interesting.
    - New named weapons coming.
    - New gear sets that are tailor made for playstyles (marksmen, assault, etc.)
    - Gear sets are earned by varied gameplay. You don't just run the operation over and over to get the whole set.
    - They hinted, or straight up said, there will be a PvP gear set.
    - Daily and monthly assignments to be added. Seems like it would be something along the lines of, kill X number of cleaners this week.
    - Loot Trading is basically allowing you to drop an item while in a group and having someone else pick it up. No direct trades :/ And item is only available to whoever was in group when the item dropped for something like 2 hours.

That's all I can recall from the top of my head. There's info out there, so most of you probably already know this stuff.

I think the operation will be interesting, and I REALLY hope it's not going to just be another Challenge mode for missions where people just go DPS build and roll through it. I hope it actually means you need a dedicated person going shield, one dedicated to healing, one to support, and one dps. We'll see.

The supply drops in the DZ will also be interesting. I mean say 3-4 groups of agents take down NPCs. It's then a big PvP battle to see who loots the chest. Unless...someone pops survivor link and goes to loot it. I hope the devs implemented supply drops so people can't be bigger asswipes than they already are.