1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How I was feeling last night.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

#102 mrm32, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    vinsensual likes this.
  3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Between the Zelda trailer and Splatoon not requiring online play, I may be interested in this. I'm most likely not getting it at launch, but I will consider picking this up, especially if my younger son shows interest in Splatoon or Mario Kart.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

720p and 2.5 hours of battery life.

Keep milking them fanboys, Nintendo.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I feel like it may be worth $300 just to play Zelda.

vinsensual, Yung-T and Bandwagoner like this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

2.5 to 6 hours. And it is about the games and interface. Not the TFLOPS

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Well, Xenoblade Chronicles X sold me the WiiU, and now Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will sell me the Switch:

...exciting that the "2" implies this will be a proper sequel to the astoundingly great first game. Xenoblade Chronicles X was distinctly unlike the original Xenoblade in some important ways, namely that there was really only one town, the single-player story was extraordinarily short, characters were homogenized and generic (including the main protagonist, who wasn't even voiced), and true "end-game" was entirely taken up by finding 1-hit-kill super-weapons for your mechs (who by the way, made the hand-to-hand combat you'd been using for most of the game completely obsolete).

Don't get me wrong, I still *enjoyed* Xenoblade Chronicles X, but it wasn't a classic like Xenoblade was.

Meantime, I'm eagerly awaiting news on plans for Monster Hunter on the Switch. I'd be flabbergasted if the Switch didn't become the new primary platform for the series. Though my enthusiasm for same is tempered a bit by the paid online... :mad:

#107 Drexlerfan22, Jan 13, 2017
    vinsensual likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Doesn't look so bad, might get it for nostalgia purposes. If I used public transportation a lot this would be a must buy for me.

9. VanityHalfBlack

best buy preorder sold out!!!

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You understand that resolution and teraflops aren't the same thing, right? Because he never said anything about TFLOPS.

11. Bandwagoner

yeah, it isn't like you need a more powerful GPU to have higher resolution capability. You realize hardware doesn't have pixels right?

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Ugh, yeah. I figured there would be a feeding frenzy on these things. Which is why I already got it pre-ordered on Amazon. I expect scalpers will make everyone miserable in the first few months, as they always seem to with Nintendo products in particular.

Pre-ordering right away seems like the smart thing to do. Don't know if there will be much I'll want to play right away, but even barring a Monster Hunter title being announced for launch, I can always just cancel the pre-order, or possibly even re-sell the system at a small premium myself (never done that before, but making a small profit off my gaming obsession would be kinda cool haha). But If I wait until Monster Hunter is formally announced, the pre-orders will all be sold out I expect.

EDIT: Holy balls. Yeah, pre-orders are already sold-out everywhere. Glad I jumped on it.

#112 Drexlerfan22, Jan 13, 2017
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14258708/ultra-street-f…
    Ultra Street Fighter 2 coming to Nintendo Switch

“The Final Challengers” is a mix of old-school and remake
    by Michael McWhertor@MikeMcWhertor Jan 13, 2017, 1:48am EST
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Capcom is bringing seminal fighting game Street Fighter 2 to Nintendo Switch in an all-new way. Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers will include a mix of old-school, 16-bit era graphics and revamped artwork that was previously featured in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers will also include two newly playable characters: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha, I'm going to let you continue making sense. Please, tell me more.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Did not expect pre-orders to be sold out by noon. I was going to take the day to think about. Guess I'm SOL.

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

So I pre-ordered through Best Buy.com earlier this morning, and all I have received thus far is an email with an order number, with a subject "We've received your order, but it's not quite ready" The not quite ready is because it has an estimated pick up date of 3-3, correct?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I pre-

Yup that's what mine says. That's the release date.

Nippystix likes this.
  18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zelda sealed the deal.

19. Bandwagoner

You criticize me for saying TFLOPS and it being about the games then eject. What was the point of that?

Criticizing the Switch for not being powerful as a PS4 "Pro" is really stupid.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Zelda and Link are the evergreens....

I like Mario Party and Toadstool