1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. what

what Member

Just a heads up, splatfest is coming up and if you participate by choosing a side either ketchup or mayo you can get a splatfest t-shirt, which murch will sub your ability chucks for 2 grand instead of the normal 20 grand.
    If you are trying to get special gear sets, you can really make hay by getting this shirt during splatfest.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

#TeamMayo

3. what

what Member

Corn you and @MystikArkitect and me and whoever else is playing this, we need to play some salmon run together. Have you tried that yet?

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

No

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

48 on Amazon if you have prime.

KevinsBacon likes this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ok, just got Splatoon 2, what do I do?

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Did all that. I can't find the farms What was referring to. It's just a lot of shooting paint. I'm good at shooting the balloons and that old lady with the umbrella.

8. what

what Member

Press y and go to the lobby. Play regular battle turf war until you get to level 4 and then you can buy weapons if you have the money, and gear as well. I would also go to the vending machine and get your splatfest tee.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Ok, I will try that.

10. what

what Member

Farming refers to your abilities, which you will learn about more after level 4.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Say goodbye to the outside world

12. what

what Member

Also you went to the single player mode when you were shooting these balloons. Look online for a walkthrough, but basically here you can get food tickets to help you farm easier.

You could also buy the strategy guide, which is very helpful, if you really want to learn about the game and level up.

I have it and it is fantastic.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think my wife will leave me if I buy a strategy guide for this game.

14. what

what Member

I am also thinking that you could turn a good profit if you leveled up gear and saved it to an amiibo and sold it on eBay.

I bet you could get $250 for it or more.

15. what

what Member

Haha, I get that.

16. what

what Member

Once you unlock an ability, by gaining money through battles, the farming aspect refers to scrubbing that ability with murch who is the guy with spiked hair sitting on the right of the big tower in front of you.

In short, some abilities like run speed up can be stacked as sub abilities. The problem is that when you unlock an ability it is given to you at random. So the strategy I am referring to is how you can reorder those abilities to suit your needs, which involves "scrubbing" them with murch. But each scrub will cost you 20k, and you only get 1 point per unlocked ability and you need 10 to fill in 1 slot on a gear of your choice. And escaltes to 20, and 30 for slots two and three if you are trying to add the same ability.

The splatfest tee will allow you to scrub abilities with murch for 2k, which is highly worth it.

Beyond that, if you don't have highly specialized gear you'll be at a disadvantage to those that do. My advice is look at the abilities and find the set you'd like and work toward that.

17. MystikArkitect

About to start working on two sets of outfits but need to focus on a second weapon first. Thinking on getting good with the Splatterscope for Tower Control but wondering if it's still too specialized and if I'd be better served getting good with the roller or brush. I've been using the dualies/curling/jet pack almost the entire time.

Thinking a Scope/Fog/Multi Curl combo would be good for tower support and maybe splat zone mop up duty.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I picked up a neon red/blue switch today. For anyone looking a lot of GameStops and Best Buys have them in stock even though the websites say otherwise; call.

Best Buy in Sugarland has a couple more red/blue ones, that's the only place in the city other than Pasadena is my understanding.

I'm so jacked to play some Zelda.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  19. Nigel Thornberry

How do you get more levels for splatoon. This is my first time playing it

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

My nephew just got this for his 10th bday.

What best game do you recommend? (Something popular I guess)

Nigel Thornberry likes this.