1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gametime for ClutchCity.net fans

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Lynus302, Dec 21, 1999.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Is there any way members of this site could get together for a game? Of course I realize that it is pretty unrealistic to think that EVERYONE here could go, but if there could be some kind of a CC.net gathering, maybe somehow we could all get a corporate rate for a section/row, or whatever.

If the all-powerful Clutch could look into this, there could be a lottery of sorts for members here. Maybe like this:

-1- Clutch somehow manages to get a decent rate for say 30 seats in a section.

-2- A thread is then started for any interested parties who can make it to the pre-determined game. (Sorry for the out-of-towners and anyone else who cannot go, but life's a b**** sometimes.)

-3- The lottery part would come from restrictions and considerations which would have to be put on members to determine who would get the right for consideration, i.e. how long you've had a membership at ClutchCity.net, or number of posts, or whatever. It wouldn't do to let just any newbie who hears about this sign up.

-4- I would think that other family members should not be included. Think of this as an office party, or a hobbyist convention.

-5- Finally, we would not be trying to win tickets through Clutch. We would be trying to win the chance to BUY tickets from Clutch so we can go together. Now we can't get Clutch busted for scalping, so you can't take any profit!

Personally, I would like to meet the some of the people here. This is the only BBS I've ever been on; I've never been into chat rooms or any such thing.

I think this is a great idea and I think that it would be lots of fun. The only question that remains is whether this is even conceivable. Thoughts?

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader 'til we move to New Orleans

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Hey, I'm hip to the idea, my only question is why don't we just take the first 30 to express a sincere interest in going to the game? Does it matter how long we've been members of the forum? Maybe we can do this more than once? A lottery is fine too.

This is a good idea and if not a game, why don't we hook up at a local bar with Rockets Games on? I know last year a group of CC.net'ers (then CC.com'ers) met up at Lil Woodrow's on Alabama for games? Thats an idea as well.

Also if you'd like to join us in the CC.net Chat Room, there are alot of us that regularly show up, come and join us on game nights!! http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

Let's Go Rocks!!

rockHEAD http://members.tripod.com/~HoustonRocketsFan

3. Lynus302

I'd love to come chat, but two things factor in to that:
    1) I'm only in Houston during summers and holidays. I go to school in west Texas where I do have internet access, but no Rocket games unles they are on national TV
    2) When I am in Houston, I get the games, but I don't have internet access unless I am at work. Besides, as I stated above, I don't care too much for chat rooms.

So either way, I gat one but not the other. I do graduate in May, but I'll probably get a job in Dallas.

I'd love to come to a game or meet some of you guys at a bar or something for games. My family doesn't have cable, so I don't get home games either.

------------------

4. Lynus302

Come on, someone give us some insight to this! If this idea is not even conceivable, then say so and I will shut up about it.

------------------

5. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Lynus -

tickets in the same row/section - I wouldn't know the first thing about that. Why not just look into getting a box?

as for watching the game in a bar: it's definitely worth looking into. I'm sure that you can find a place that can accomodate you if you tell them that you're bringing 30 or 50 of your closest friends along. You'll no doubt get a group rate if you show up more than once, get cozy with the manager, etc.

That said, I cannot help in any way. I'm a zillion miles away and can usually only count on my brothers and sister to watch games with.

WRT chat, I was in there last night, and there was only one problem. Seems a certain administrator (let's call him "Dutch") hasn't configured the room to let anybody else change the chat topics [​IMG]. Aside from that it's a good time, and RockHead does very well with the play by play.

6. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I don't think this is a good idea... until we get the T-shirts made.

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

kagy

Thanks for the compliment. I love to watch, listen and chat Rockets games. I try to show up for most games and I'd love to share play by play duties with anyone who wants to participate. Kagy, do you know something we don't, about T-shirts? Maybe some CC.net merchandise? Count me in if we get shirts!!!

Keeley
    I like your suggestion about allowing other members to change topic, i.e. host/ops. Hosting/Ops functions allow the host to change room topic and kick out unruly, flooding guests. If any administrator would like to bring this up with Clutch, I would appreciate it. I also volunteer my services for host/ops duties. I have expressed this a few times, but with no response.

rockHEAD
    who loves to chat in the CC.net chatroom!! Just check out the links on my site! http://members.tripod.com/~HoustonRocketsFan

8. Lynus302

T-shirts sounds GREAT! I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Seriously.

------------------

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Do I know anything about T-shirts? I wish I could say I did, but we've still taken no action on them. It is definitely on the agenda.

Hey, sometimes procrastination works out for the best-- if we'd gone through with them six months ago, they'd have the wrong damned domain name on them now. [​IMG]

rockHEAD, I take it you got my email? I am definitely up for a weekend game this spring, prefereably after January.

------------------
    Nothing but NET--

http://www.clutchcity.NET

Don't Fight the Future

10. davo

davo Contributing Member

Lets see the T-shirts baby! I'm definitely down for a t-shirt.

Have you ever looked at someone at a rockets game and thought "maybe thats xxxx from the clutchcity bbs??

11. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Count Me in for a T-Shirt. Maybe a hat too but lets not get ahead of our selves lets start with the shirts.

------------------
    ~John~
    Favorite Player: Junk Yard Dog

12. Johnny Rocket

Clutch you should hold a contest to design a shirt.

------------------
    ~John~
    Rockets I Want Back In Clutch City: Mario "Junk Yard Dog" Elie and Sam my man Cassell.

13. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

When the design is settled on, I have connections to where I can get a hold of a laser color printer (very nice prints) and I could put them on some transfer paper (the stuff you iron on) It may not be professional but it would give some idea to what it would look like.

-Turbo

14. Johnny Rocket

In reading old posts regarding the TShirt Idea (<A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000145.html">Clutch Store</A>)I am too wondering about the idea of how we could use ClutchCity maybe if Somebody went to the NBA we could get permission to use the term. But if not there is always SpaceCity's Idea: Cl_tchC_ty.NET: Where "u" and "i" go for Houston Professional Basketball information" or maybe we could say Rockets Information is Rockets tm????

------------------
    ~John~
    Rockets I Want Back In Clutch City: Mario "Junk Yard Dog" Elie and Sam my man Cassell.
    Fav. Quote: "We Want Scottie Back.....Scottie Brooks That Is" ~Off of A Banner at the game.

[This message has been edited by Johny Rocket (edited January 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Johny Rocket (edited January 22, 2000).]