1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Games we have lost so far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arun Sharma, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I don't know how the rest of the season is going to go for the Rockets, but at least one thing is good so far. They have lost games that they were supposed to lose.

Here are the losses:

@ ORL -- 6 to 2 [Orlando's record at home]
    @ MEM -- 6 to 2 (Memphis record at home]
    @ LAL -- 9 to 1 [Lakers at home]
    @ LAC -- 7 to 2 [Clippers at home]
    @ SAS -- 9 to 1 [Spurs at home]
    @ OKC -- 6 to 1 [OKC's record at home]

Vs. OKC -- 7 to 2 [OKC's record on the road]

Combined :: 50 to 11

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones. Hmm...what's the word for again?

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

fixed

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

And what else do those losses have in common? They all had big front courts, and almost every one of them was a double digit drubbing.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMAIsqvTh7g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMAIsqvTh7g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

If, we were to play those games again, we'd win half of them.

1 person likes this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not that we look great, but technically, we are losing to good teams on the road. The one good team we lost to at home was to the best team in the west by 3 points without our best player.

8. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Pfffft.... Other than San Antonio, I'd like to see you make a case for why we would win ANY of those games now.

9. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Damn... meant to quote this dude.

10. AFS

AFS Member

Well, if we played Memphis again, we wouldn't have to worry about Randolph wrecking our frontline. ;)

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You do know that since we dumped Bud back to the bench the only 2 losses were OT vs OKC and OT vs San Antonio right?

So the simple case might be made that we brought in Parsons to start, as a consequence we have better wing defence (only 1 matador in Martin, and not the double combo of Martin/Bud). You might also argue we're a better rebounding team, a higher energy team and a better help defence team.

12. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Sounds amazing until you realize that we've played mostly bad teams during our win streak. Once we hit a competitor we'll fall off the ledge.

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

considering:

-we had injuries during some of these
    -our starting and bench lineups were vastly different
    -people are now getting time that deserve it

I'd say some of those may have not happened or may not have been blowouts.

It may not have been a huge difference, but it wouldnt have been a 5 game slide. I bet we couldve gone at least 2-3 during that time. I have no delusions of grandeur, but I'm proud of our Rockets and glad they're pulling out wins! In the end, thats what matters!

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

if i was black, i would have more confidence when i came out of the bathroom.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

funny thing is that the lakers and spurs are frauds at the moment they have not done anything on the road all they have been doing is beating teams at home. Clippers too but I give them a pass since they are adjusting.

Rockets are playing better than people think so far this season.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

This post sounds amazing until you realize bad teams (or mediocre ones for that matter) don't reel off 5 game win streaks.

Winning against weak teams consistently just doesn't happen to mediocre teams, rather mediocre teams always fluctuate and lose to weak teams and win big ones from time to time. Consistency is actually a sign of team strength, not weakness.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well to be fair, most of them were on he road (we actually have some nice wins at home), and it was almost all before Dalembert got it going, and he's STILL not in full form.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Exactly. Besides, I think we're capable of beating some good teams this year. We've already beaten a couple and come close to a couple more, some before Sammy got it going

19. ribbit

ribbit Member

I'm satisfied with how the season is going so far for the Rockets. Here's why...

Contenders are expected to beat the bad ones, and split it with other contenders (can't win 'em all). Rockets have beaten bad teams. Split with the contenders? Well, most of the Rockets' game against contenders were played at their home court, so, the losses are quite acceptable (which is the TS's point).

Are the Rockets contenders? So far, yes. Take in consideration, though, the brutal start of the season, no training camp, Dally signed a day before the 1st game, new coach, etc. But we have to see the Rockets play contenders at Houston to have a concrete answer. If Rockets could win majority of the home court games against contenders, then we have a pretty good team. If not, then 14th pick, here we come again.

IMO, if the Rockets have won even just 3 of the 7 losses, people should be taking the Rockets into consideration when talking about championship favorites. 3 of those wins will come from contenders playing at their home court! (Except for OKC)

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yep. There are several things which has led to improved play for the team:

1. Sam putting it all together
    2. Parsons outplaying C-bud
    3. PP and Lee coming back to strengthen the bench
    4. Mchale getting his 8-9 guys established (no Thabeet, Flynn, Adrien and sadly even T-will).

The only downside I see is that Lowry and Scola are getting worn down. You can see the dropoff in their games this season. Hopefully Dragic and PP will allow them to rest and get fresh again.