1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Games and the World Trade Center

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

About 3 days after the attacks on the World Trade Center CNN reported the game makers would start taking out images of the World Trade Center out of games. I started thinking and there were only two games that I could think of that have the WTC or images of them and one is Sim City 3000 and the other is NBA Street for PS2. Neither of these images is bad, as in SC3K the WTC is a landmark building that you can proudly display in your city and in NBA Street there is a brief image of the twin towers in the background when the game is loading. I've never seen a game with the WTC in a bad image or situation. Are there any other games which I am missing?

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

You can fly a jet straight into them in MS Flight Simulator.

3. Matador

Matador Member

Red Alert 2 has the Pentagon and the World Trade Towers.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

WHOA! Please tell me that's one of the first games pulled off the shelf or at least changed up.

5. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

It was. I heard on the news that a lot of stores were pulling it the day of the attack. I heard that MS said it will release a patch for it removing the Towers.