1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ok I don't know what happened but this game is just completely ****ing up. When I try to look from side to side the frame rate drops like crazy and I move at like 1/10th of the speed. Moving straight is fine, but using my joystick to look laterally just moves super slow and looks like its going at 1fps.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Getting an Xbox One next week. For my FPS, do I go with Titanfall or Battlefield 4?

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Issue resolved btw, they had me clear some stuff which gets rid of glitches.

titanfall not even close. The game has a lot more depth than I initially thought. Its great and a **** ton of fun to play!

1 person likes this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

I'm biased right now because Titanfall is my favorite game. Too bad you don't have time for both. Battlefield is a good game in its own right and is a much more realistic experience if that is your thing. Tanks, helicopters, jets, etc. I'm just really falling in love with the player movement in Titanfall. It is second to none.

I've really stepped my parkour game up. I feel like I can get to one end of the map from the other in less than half the time it would take to run over there on the ground by running up the walls and jumping from one object to the next or grabbing on to the available zip lines that you usually can only get to by double jumping and wall running. I completely caught some guys on the other team by surprise today a few times at the beginning of matches. Dropped down right behind where they spawned and got a quick and satisfying double kill more than once. They don't expect you in their spawn so soon and are often looking for you to come running on the ground. I'm embracing my inner ninja. Lots of guys you play against are still Earth bound players. Easy kills.

1 person likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Vator.... What do you mean Parkour game?

We are almost to level 4. The goal of 50 titan kills with the plasma gun is holding us back (****ty weapon)

I have found that perfecting the close range effectiveness of the auto pistol has helped my game big time. I have grown very comfortable with most of the automatic rifles. This allows a long, mid and shortrange game.

I can't describe why but Titanfall is just so addictive...... The game play is really smooth and I am very impressed by the multiplayer experience. I never have drag or anything like that. The gameplay is awesome.

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

When youre in the lobby and you see peoples named lined up, what are the colourful tags next to their names?

Probably should have asked that before I got to level 48. :p

7. vator

There are probably better videos out there than these. I typed parkour and Titanfall into search and these were 2 of the first to pop up. Watched them both and they seemed decent enough and showcased 2 different maps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fDitUij2g54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z79kgVqWx0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. vator

It is like prestiging in Call of Duty if you're at all familiar with that. After you reach level 50 and have satisfied specific challenges, you can "regenerate" and however many times you do that is reflected on that tag or chip. Its just a system to show rank within the game.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yep, basicly it resets your level back to level 1, removes all your unlocks and gives you a tag next to your name, and you can redo all the levels with an xp bonus to leveling.

10. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Do I have to do all the challenges and reach level 50?

11. vator

Yes you have to reach level 50 and complete all challenges in order to regenerate. You need to check your challenges to see what they are because they change each time you regen. It is kind of a pain in the butt sometimes, but it forces you and others to deviate from what's comfortable and try new weapons and play styles. Every now and then you actually find something that you like enough to continue using long after you no longer have to. It's also a neat little trick to keep everybody from spamming the same weapons.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I find it hard to wall run with the Xbox controller

13. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Because you ain't bumpin and jumpin.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I find it hard to hold down the left joystick and jump with the left button.

15. vator

I too have had trouble adjusting to the bumper jumper partially for that very reason. Not sure if my hand is too big or what, but it feels very awkward trying to use the left thumb stick and left bumper simultaneously. I've gone back to my button kicker config for now and my parkouring is still improving daily.

I'd suggest the stim as a tactical ability and the enhanced parkour kit as your tier 1 if you really want to string some nice sequences together as a beginner. I'm discovering that the designers of this game have spent a lot of time thinking, planning, and then creating an environment where you can pretty much access anything from anywhere. In this world, you aren't bound by the same laws that govern our daily lives, but rather by the limits of your own imagination because you simply assume that the possible is impossible.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I can wall glide now with bumper jumper that mlwoo pointed out, but I'm getting owned like a scrub most of the time

17. mlwoo

I was constantly getting shot in the face because I was cloaking instead of jumping and I hated it but it made me better.

18. mlwoo

Another tactic I have used to get better over time is to start with a close ranged weapon.

Whenever I pick up a new FPS, I cannot aim worth ****. I am always the guy who loses those coinflip situations. If you use the short range SMG, you force yourself to aim better because the gun is innacurate, especially at long ranges. A novice can aim from the hip easy enough and that is what it is good for. So while you are playing run and gun, you are getting better at aiming. I then switched to the carbine and am now deadly because I have an accurate gun. Not as good in close quarters though, but that's what satchel charges are for.

Something I always do with a new game.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Might or might not matter to you guys, but Zampella is forming a new company.

20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I stopped at level 5...or 4...iono, got bored with the game, and then everyone just started camping as high as possible...Ill wait for some DLCs and then jump back on...