1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

looks like there are now private matches (beta) available. Anyone want to try and get a game together later on to see who's the best of the worst?

#801 lue03, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. joesr

joesr Member

I'm down, I know I'll be part of the bottom but I'm down

3. lue03

I will also be doing bad, I finally unlock the last gun and trying to get the hang of it but its not going to good.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My wife (had never touched an Xbox in her life) had been watching me a play a little and decided that it looked fun. So she started playing and is now more addicted than I am.

Very well made game. Really liking my Xbox One.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Have nothing really important to say other than the fact that despite the lack of weapons or whatever, this game has maintained my interest quite nicely. I play about 3 times a week due to being busy with work and a wife, but those few times are ****ing great. When I turn the game off, Im already looking forward to my next chance to play.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've been playing a lot of cod ghosts lately. Will I play this more if I get it?

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

ghosts is garbage man. you won't regret switching to titanfall

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Once you unlock the weapons I hear its supposed to be pretty fun.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It's not anything remarkable, but the best online cod since maybe COD4 IMO. The last few have been unplayable.

I'll probably pick up titanfall this weekend. It seems different enough anyway and more of my friends play it which is a huge plus

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

It's taking time but I'm a lot better than I was. Love the shot gun, I run around blasting people. I feel like it's cheating but I don't care.

Once you unlock more weapons, upgrades and titans it does even things up and make it more fun. Especially in the Titans. Early on I'd get in the Titan and get killed soon after. Now with upgrades I'm killing other titans, it's so much fun.

11. lue03

what's your titans layout? I only use mine a lot when i'm playing capture the flag.

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

From memory its the Ogre (Which lasts so much longer than the other two), I use a triple shot gun, I can't remember the missiles name but it locks on and fires about 6 missiles from a good distance.

I also use the core extender and the one way shield.

Seriously, early on I thought the Titans were no good to use. I would get into mine and just get killed seconds later. Now, I can run around killing a few titans and people running around. Its like a different game. The Titan becomes a real asset.

I'm still running around using the shot gun. I works so much better for me I find. Its funny seeing a firefight where both sides are lined up across from each other and I run in like Rambo across the firefight and kill everyone. :grin:

I dont know why some people are down on this game. Its not revolutionary but damn its fun! Im not much of an online gamer but playing against real people rather than AI is a blast.

One thing I wish they could change though is the number of real people vs AI in the game. I find its still hard to come across real life enemies. I can kill 40+ AI in a match and only a couple of pilots....which kinda sucks.

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I opted to wait for the 360 version and I'm glad that I did. The game is a lot of fun, but I don't get an overwhelming urge to turn on the console after a long day at work. I've read that the 360 doesn't leave much to be desired compared to the Xbox One version, so if you're on the fence about upgrading, I'd recommend that you wait for the next big game.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

15. Christopher

Christopher Member

I would agree that its not one of those games that you play until you have to get some sleep, and wake up the next day looking forward to playing again, but its ALWAYS fun to play.

Its weird like that! :-D

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

All I can say is that I have had genuine fun playing this game, and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. The intense and fast-paced movement (wallrunning, double-jumping to great heights, and hell, even ejecting a titan) is refreshing and different for me from a FPS, and a change I am really liking thus far. I hope everyone else is enjoying their gaming experience, on whichever console/computer/game they are playing.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just noticed that gamebattles (MLG's online component) has a ladder up for Titanfall on PC now. Friends and I are going to start up a team I believe. I'm guessing they have something similar (or more) for Xbox One planned, but I haven't looked.

https://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/titanfall/teams/

18. lue03

Anyone on right now?

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

The more I play the game, the more I'm loving it. I was worried about the staying power of this game for me, but the learning curve has been enough to keep me intrigued and coming back for more in an effort to keep getting better. I feel like Call of Duty is too easy for me now. I'm just competing against my KD at this point and trying to see how many helo pilots I can get in one gaming session.

As a pilot, the key to enjoying this game and being good at it is first recognizing the features about it that make it a unique experience and actually exploiting those things while you play. This is not Battlefield or Call of Duty. This game is played at 3 levels. On the ground, in buildings, and on rooftops. The majority of the time you spend on the ground should be in a Titan. If you are on the ground as a pilot, get your kills and move on. Seek higher ground for better vantage points, but don't stay up there too long either. Staying in one place in Titanfall gets you killed. If you're running up stairs to get to the second floor in a building, you're doing it wrong. Wall running increases your speed and there are some really cool things you can do jump wise once you build up speed. I compare it to being a ninja. Well, a ninja with a gun and an anti-titan weapon, but whatever. Double jumping after wall running can get you to places that you would have never thought possible. Two building close together and you're stuck on the ground? Jump from one to the other repeatedly and next thing you know, you're on the roof. Also, you have to train your eyes to look for pilots at multiple levels and how to distinguish them from the AI or you'll find yourself pressing the respawn button far too often for your liking. Learn how and when to use the cloak or active radar pulse.

As a titan, learn how to play with each titan. There are 3 different ones and they are all good at something and your play style may actually suit one over the other 2. Most people seem to prefer the Atlas, but I've seen guys own with the Ogre and the Stryder. In fact, this guy was destroying us in a Stryder in Last Titan Standing with double digit Titan kills each match. So much so that I ripped off his build and tried some of the things he was doing. You know what I discovered? The Stryder can be a beast if you use it correctly. There is so much to learn when using a titan. I used to fear that it was just going to be a bunch of people running around in robots, button mashing, but if you're button mashing, you're doing it wrong and you will be either ejecting from your doomed titan or being ripped from it and thrown across the map or squished like a bug. You have to know when to dash, when to use your ordinance and your primary weapon, when to deploy your tactical ability...something as simple as when to fight and when to run away and let your shield recharge is critical to survival.

My only beef with the game is the lack of diversity with weapons and such. Not sure if that is something that can or will be addressed with DLC in this game, but I'm having fun with what it does have and I'll definitely be purchasing Titanfall 2. I'm 3rd generation level 40. Hoping to be 4th generation by the end of the weekend.

#819 vator, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

$37 on Amazon today; any platform. Available until midnight or when they sell out.
    Lowest price I've seen yet.