1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Well I switched consoles and I'm not regretting my decision. Won't be switching back to PS4 anytime soon. I'm still enjoying the game and trying to get better at it. Killing pilots is easy for me, but I'm still working on my Titan skills and trying to figure out which loadout is the best for me. Call of Duty Ghosts seems to play better to me on Xbox as well. The hit detection and lag seem better. I have a 2.31 KD and I honestly expect to bump that up at least to something between 2.5-2.7 before all is said and done. My win/loss is 2.8 too so I don't lose too many games and I'm playing solo probably 80% of the time.

2. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

So i'm doing a lot better now at this game. I now average between 5 and 15 pilot kills and only 4 to 7 deaths. I know this is not that good but its way better than the 1 to 3 pilot kills and 15 deaths i was getting.

I love the shotgun and the sniper rifle. I thought it was going to be impossible to snipe but a lot of people just stand still on rooftops.

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I added a bunch of you guys in the gamer tag thread, and I plan on playing for hopefully 2-3 hours later tonight and tomorrow. My average k/d isn't all that great (1.4 or 1.5 against human pilots), but I have had a 14-1 and a 7-0 game thus far. With a consistent team, I should be able to hold my own. Let me know if anyone plans on playing this weekend, and my gamertag is GuerrillaStench.

4. lue03

i'll be on tonight, i'm trying to unlock the last gun.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Cool - I'll keep an eye out for you.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

still suck ass at this game...but whatever. still enjoyable..think i'm dying a little less now, but still having trouble getting to pilots it seems. IDK i just end up running around and picking off grunts all game.

7. lue03

I once had a game where I killed one or two pilots and 35 grunts. I thought I was on a roll.

Anyway I'm on right now before the rockets game starts.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i think part of the problem is i'm a controller type of guy. i know some think keyboards are better...don't think it suits me. i'm not moving side to side enough when in battles.

again i still have trouble actually finding pilots though...i'm trying to use the mini map more i see a red dot move towards it and i just run into some grunts.

i prob just don't play enough to be familiar enough with the maps...i'm sure theres certain areas/spots people gravitate towards on every map.

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

Got it yesterday. I'm so bad at this game! :grin:

I'm dying a lot but I'm running into battles too. Don't want to sit back and hide. I find the titans are less than 30 seconds of fun (that's what she said) and I'm surprised that EVERYONE has their mic on mute.

It's a lot of fun though. The maps are the right size (You NEVER think about the size of them during gameplay) the objectives are cool. I wish it was a bit easier to tell teams apart though.

They've balanced this game really well. I think I'm at about level 9 at the moment so I a, slowly getting better.

I play on the Aussie server under the name "LeagueFreak" so if you're on there feel free to add me.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

downloading it right now and will be playing after the game tonight. hopefully i'm not too bad ;)

11. Christopher

Christopher Member

Well if you see me on feel free to invite me to a game or join mine.

If I don't join it's simply because I haven't worked out how! :-D

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

how do you run into so many pilots? people get like 16 pilot kills no idea how they do it

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

Once you play more, you will be able to distinguish the pilots from the bots. Just look at the way the pilots move - they double jumb, wall run, etc - things that bots don't. Also, look at your radar - large red circle means an enemy pilot is firing their weapon.

side note - the game has been out for 3 weeks. I'm curious as to how some of you feel about the game now? Do you feel like it will get stale soon?

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

oh i know the difference between how they move...i'm saying for whatever reason i'm running around the map and theres periods where i just don't run into any pilots. last game dude on my team had 16 pilot kills...i prob didnt run into pilots 16x the entire game.

IDK...i gotta look at the red dots being bigger...i've never noticed much difference. obviously the big ass triangles are titans...but other than that i see no difference.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

some of the maps are too big for 6v6 in my opinion, so there's that.

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i was thinking that too..though i think for the most part the maps are pretty balanced.

also the shotty is way over powered imo...maybe i should try that. but again i think my main problems are just not using the mini map enough and not being very good with a keyboard for movement. maybe i should buy a controller

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

Those one shot kills do suck with the shotgun. Still it add something to the game.

Played the campaign and honestly didn't follow the story at all. I am getting SLIGHTLY better but its gonna take practice.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kU00gb8Ibpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

so what he's saying is the frame rate and graphics are better on the xbox one than the xbox 360????

madness :eek:

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think the key for me getting more pilot kills (and by more, I mean going from 3 pilot kills to 9-10 pilot kills, lol)...is that I know where to look for pilots. In other words, it seems like people like certain areas of the maps more, so I just keep my eye out for those spots.

Also, when Im a Titan, I dont really like to engage one on one with another Titan. I usually hang in the back drop, but still look for pilots on rooftops or wherever else they may be. When I have a friendly Titan with me is when I usually engage with the enemy Titan.

I also use electric smoke...so basically, I encourage opposing players to rodeo my titan, so I can just smoke them off and get a free pilot kill.